What colour would YOU like to see on eBikes?

Lloyd

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Here at Raleigh we are in the late stages of development of a new eBike model to be launched later this year. Whilst the spec and geometries are final, the jury is still out on colours.

What better place to ask than here?

During my time in the cycle trade I have lost count of the nuber of times I have had someone tell me,"nice bike, but why on earth did they paint it that colour?" Well........ probably because 'they' didnt ask anyone what colours were popular.

I would really appreciate everyone's opinion on this, as my taste in colour is appalling (I once owned a Dakar Yellow car, and a Burberry patterned reliant robin :eek: ).

The sky is the limit, we can literally use any colour combination and finish. I am not after designs, just some general feedback on what colours people like on their steeds, and if there is any particular reason?

I need as much feedback as possible for this coming Thursday, so what does everyone think?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Black........Simples:)

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I like sober colors for bikes but my Alien GSII looks good in silver....so Dark Blues, Purples, Greens and Greys...Black and Graphite colours also look good as does a dark Bronze IMHO. I dislike whites and yellows and Red is probably the brightest colour I'd concider...

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Black (gloss or matt) or Silver look good. Personally I would stay away from the red/white and blue/white combinations on an electric bike (or obviously any sort of yellow). The dusty matt greens can look good - I am thinking of the Sahel in particular although Merida do something similar. CHARGE do a what they call a galvanised finish but I don't know if it is a colour or a treatment for the frame (they use a steel frame rather than aluminium) - looks very classy though. I have seen some lovely bikes (fixies really) that look good in a lime green but you are really making a statement and thus limiting the market.

PS can you tantalise us with some specs for the new bike please in return for all the colour feedback?

androo4519

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 15, 2009
Can we have a choice?

If they're all to be the same colour, then I'd prefer black or dark grey. But if there was a choice of that or, say, electric blue, I might dither.

Lloyd

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Thanks so far everyone, please keep them coming!

With the specs I honestly can't say much right now, but I promise the very second that I am happy with the finished article I will post details here first!

I can't beleive that nobody has suggested pink yet :(

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Silver or black in that order, with silver preferred since it doesn't show the dirt as much.

I also like the stylish darker colours when well finished on a quality bike and presented gleaming. They attract more attention from a selling point of view, but they don't look so good when the bike is a bit dirty in use.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Yellow (RGB - R256, G216, B0), with black or blue (RGB - R0, G34, B255) trim.
Or in reverse with the yellow trim.

Colin

matt-derby

Pedelecer
May 7, 2009
Derby UK
Black, tends to conceal most of the cables, however if the Panasonic mouldings are silver then possibly a silver bike.

Emotion and Swiss Flyer models have a few which follow that rule and I think turn out quite well.

Raleigh badge, made in UK?

jkirkebo

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2009
Bright red would be my top choice. I have a bright red Giant NRS, much nicer colour than the matte black Ezee Forza ;)

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I'm getting a bit fed up with black and silver bikes. I'm rather partial to flame red. I really like that lemony yellow Brompton do too. Pearl white looks good. Pink just doesn't go with my shoes..

Last edited:

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Matt black or a Deep Purple oh and a really nice rat rod look (you know looks like it's gone rusty but isn't, though some are and I'm rambling so I'm shutting up)

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
My wish
for my pro connect would have been black as the main colour but with some red as well. 1 colour can look a bit plain.nigel.:)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I'm getting a bit fed up with black and silver bikes. I'm rather partial to flame red. I really like that lemony yellow Brompton do too. Pearl white looks good. Pink just doesn't go with my shoes..
Red kinda appeals to me as well...a red carbon bike is something I would like to see:p. but colour is really interdependent on style of the particular bike as well I fink...........