what do you think intelligent e-bike would?

jcebike

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 4, 2008
china
what do you think intelligent e-bike would be? whatever technical or operational, and something about the pedelec,welcome your idea.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
One that could turn out the garage light and lock the door at the end of the day. :D

dazzie

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2008
One that linked up with your sat nav and calculated how much boost it could give you and get you to your destination / recharging point at maximum speed?

Or one that could emit a sweat alarm!? :)

Or possibly one that could instantly analyse nearby drivers and determine whether they are going to pull out on you / force you into the curb etc. and take avoiding action on your behalf! grrrr ;)

Daz

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Suggestions:

1) One with something akin to the Panasonic system with the same bionic power added to the pedal strokes, but able to accurately track the rider input at all cadences rather than only slow ones at present. This would exactly simulate normal bikes, just multiplying the rider ability.

2) A system enabling the intended journey miles to be punched in at the start, the bike then rationing the available battery content to ensure the journey is completed without running out.

3) A pedelec system with an inclinometer measuring gradient, so when entering a hill the power adjusts to the steepness of the hill automatically. It would also automatically cut power off when going downhill. This would always ensure adequate hill climb power but no wastage of current at other times.

4) A bike with all three of the above. :)

Last edited:

dodgyal

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2008
1. links to heart rate monitor and determins boost level on preset range.
3. Accurate battery meter % left
4. Modular design including frame size (options like a dell PC)
5. LED Lights that run on the battery
6. Built in locks for wheels and frame and helment (lets face it we all use em)
7. Intelegent battery chargers with good readouts
8. Direct from factory prices
9. Ipod charger. :)
10. Alarm System with shock system (yeah screw the LAW!!)

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
  1. Built in seat post pump like the dahons
  2. Built in lockable compartment for eg patches and tyre levers
  3. Ipod charger! genius! But lets expand to output socket for chargers eg phone or ipod

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
One that would email or phone you when its on its way from the factory.

Seriously though...

How about it has a Usb stick that you remove from the bike and insert into your computer.
You add your personal specs into the chip.
i.e weight, age, height.
Reinsert into the bike.

A small LCD on the handlebars gives you directives to pedal harder or slow down and the motor assists to give you the ideal workout.

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
Following on from Fleccs genius suggestions, i think all 3 of his features are great, but i think you'd want a handlebar manual override function on 1 as well, so that you could manually set the cadence to power response. mmmm

jcebike

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 4, 2008
china
Following on from Fleccs genius suggestions, i think all 3 of his features are great, but i think you'd want a handlebar manual override function on 1 as well, so that you could manually set the cadence to power response. mmmm

GREAT!!! tks!
we made Fleccs's idea already and yours. it's a well-rounded product,but we are not satisfied, we want improve it, make it a advanced intelligent pedelec.

sometihing like change the led display and torque adjustor into lcd; adding more fuction, eg/ self-check, especialy battery/ dormancy function, means when the rider forget turn off, e-bike will power off in 5s or so........

welcome more good ideas.