What do you think of my new bike?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It hasn't got a name yet because it's is just a sample at the moment.
I am still working on the details. If all is good, it will be in production in January or February.

The motor is from Ananda:

frame has internal routing:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
On the sample: 48V 10AH to hit an important pricepoint but I reckon we could fit 48V12.4AH by the time we go into production for the same pricepoint.
Note the front mudguard is not right. The factory is lookingh for a better looking one.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Whoa, looks very cool - have you 3D printed 3D scans gleaned from @soundwave's many photos of his bike? Looks identical to me, but my eyes aren't in great shape.

What's that motor exactly? Is it TS?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
the torque sensor is mechanical.
Is there a diagram of the mechanical torque sensor? I'm curious as to how it works.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there's a video somewhere. I watched it last year and liked it. It looks a bit like a drill chuck. The harder you pedal, the chuck opens more.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
there's a video somewhere. I watched it last year and liked it. It looks a bit like a drill chuck. The harder you pedal, the chuck opens more.
It'd survive a Carrington Event then.

The Woosh Big Torquer delivers big torque to climb any hill

BIG TORQUE BIGGER TROUSERS

p.s. Kerching my marketing fee

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: Woosh

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...by the time we go into production for the same pricepoint.
Any colour you like, so long as it's black!!! Is it only me getting fed up with the usual black, white, or grey... the same colours as we (the public) mostly choose for the majority of our cars too, apparently.

What price point are you aiming for? I'd prefer to see one of the newer Bafangs, but it's all down to cost I suppose.

Looks like it has potential though... good luck with it!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Is it only me getting fed up with the usual black, white, or grey... the same colours as we (the public) mostly choose for the majority of our cars too, apparently.
I completely agree with you! Why is every damn thing on the road tarmac coloured? I suppose imperfections of the finish are harder to spot when bike frames are black, as opposed to high visibility green, yellow, orange, Ferrari red, Lamborghini yellow, or Bugatti Vanta White.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Any colour you like, so long as it's black!!!
It's not black, it's matt black.. seriously, it should still look chic after a few thousand miles. Fashion comes and goes, I have tried black, white, gunmetal blue, black + yellow, black + red etc. Matt black seems to avoid unwanted attention and stay chic over time.

What price point are you aiming for? I'd prefer to see one of the newer Bafangs, but it's all down to cost I suppose.
Bafang charge so much premium for their kits that I just can't do it.
I am aiming for £1,299. Perhaps I should take a leaf from Swytch playbook and take 30% deposit for delivery in Feb 2024?
Looks like it has potential though... good luck with it!
Thanks. I hope it does.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Is there a free firmware configurator for that unidentified Ananda motor, which allows as much customisation as the ones for the Bafang BBSXXX series? If so, could you upload screenshots for us to look at?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is there a free firmware configurator for that unidentified Ananda motor, which allows as much customisation as the ones for the Bafang BBSXXX series? If so, could you upload screenshots for us to look at?
I don't know if there is one.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I don't know if there is one.
There appears to be one for this Ananda motor. Definitely a plus in my opinion when there's a configurator - if at that price performance approaches that of a Hai! Bike! and can be customised, you'd be onto a winner I reckon.

(I wouldn't buy one, because I need cadence sensored folding electric bikes highly customisable for zero effort pedalling)

Last edited: