What do you think of my new bike?

afzal

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2023
Kerala, India
I did not notice any

it's pretty close to instantaneous. The built in PAS has 24 counts per revolution.
Okay, so the controller mixes the torque sensor feedback with a relatively high resolution PAS signal.

A pure cadence sensing controller in conjunction with this high resolution PAS, the run on should be similar, i.e. negligible, though I could be wrong

EDIT: Above assuming controller firmware is of the same quality

Reactions: Woosh

Hoppy33

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 29, 2023
Just a small point, we can supply a legal full throttle Wayfarer mid motor with a 43V system and 100Nm of torque.

All the best, David
Thanks David, I’ve had a step-thru Wayfarer in my buying basket, fully kitted, a couple of times already. And checked the long drive down to you for a test ride!

Problem is, I’m pretty sure I’d buy it on the spot when what I really want - to ensure the upgrade from my excellent RadRunner-Plus with EggRider was properly worthwhile - is a Wisper Wayfarer with Enviolo and belt-drive. Can I ask, is that option a possibility in the next year or so? Or would a DIY conversion be at all realistic?

Cheers

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
1.One needs brake sensors if one has a throttle, so more to go wrong, also I like to keep my bike as clutter free as possible.
I would not ride an ebike without an ebrake installed, they are trivial to install and can only really go wrong if you don't install them properly (it's simply a hall sensor and magnet).

On my 1500W rear hub (30mph+), I have a PAS independent thumb throttle and the ebrake (left rear), is always on at traffic lights, this ensures that if for example you've left PAS at 5, are at lights and accidentally turn pedal enough to trigger PAS and bike shoots forward...at best you smack in to the vehicle in front of you, at worst you're in to oncoming traffic...

I didn't install the right ebrake as I like to be able to use that brake to slow the bike down a little when I'm in Cruise mode, normally around 22mph, this is optimum for me re comfort and safety and is an absolute pleasure and means I can drive for distance with no messing with throttle, gears or PAS to keep steady speed.

Probably now I would also not ride and ebike that does not have an independent throttle, having that power on tap when driving on major roads gives me peace of mind and on more than one occasion it has gotten me out of potential trouble.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nealh

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks David, I’ve had a step-thru Wayfarer in my buying basket, fully kitted, a couple of times already. And checked the long drive down to you for a test ride!

Problem is, I’m pretty sure I’d buy it on the spot when what I really want - to ensure the upgrade from my excellent RadRunner-Plus with EggRider was properly worthwhile - is a Wisper Wayfarer with Enviolo and belt-drive. Can I ask, is that option a possibility in the next year or so? Or would a DIY conversion be at all realistic?

Cheers
Hiya Hoppy!

We won’t be able to install a belt drive as we would need to cut the rear stays to install. Ed may be able to install an Enviolo hub though.

All the best, David

Reactions: Hoppy33

Hoppy33

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 29, 2023
Hiya Hoppy!

We won’t be able to install a belt drive as we would need to cut the rear stays to install. Ed may be able to install an Enviolo hub though.

All the best, David
Oh, I forgot that minor detail about belts! No problem really, a belt is pretty low on my essentials list. That’s serious food for thought!

Thanks David

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
I'm totally lost!

What has Woosh's new ebike ever done for us?

Oh OK, besides the thumb throttle, the mid drive, the 120Nm torque, (don't forget the rear rack, Reg) . The cracking after sales etc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm totally lost!

What has Woosh's new ebike ever done for us?

Oh OK, besides the thumb throttle, the mid drive, the 120Nm torque, (don't forget the rear rack, Reg) . The cracking after sales etc
You have been watching Mike Reid.

• :D

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Dont know if i mentioned it before but thats a really steep head angle.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am looking for a new frame.

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
I hope you intend to introduce a step through version of the bike.
The Woosh Santana is looking a bit dated now IMO.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I am looking for a new frame.
If it stays black, is there a fork without shiny chrome to maintain the stealth theme?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I hope you intend to introduce a step through version of the bike.
The Woosh Santana is looking a bit dated now IMO.
I made the Rambla for that and the problem was Mid drives appeal more to those who like demanding rides, the Rambla is unsuited for trail riding.The frame flexes a little and that worried me. I will be replacing the rear hub motor on the Gran Camino with the Ananda mid motor as soon as the current wave of selling off from companies pulling out of the bike market finishes.

We have been using the Santana frame for about 10 years, it's pretty timeless, sturdy, understated and good value for money. The formula is about as optimised as it can be: great comfort, competent power and superb reliability.

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
I made the Rambla for that and the problem was Mid drives appeal more to those who like demanding rides, the Rambla is unsuited for trail riding.The frame flexes a little and that worried me. I will be replacing the rear hub motor on the Gran Camino with the Ananda mid motor as soon as the current wave of selling off from companies pulling out of the bike market finishes.

We have been using the Santana frame for about 10 years, it's pretty timeless, sturdy, understated and good value for money. The formula is about as optimised as it can be: great comfort, competent power and superb reliability.
I will be replacing the rear hub motor on the Gran Camino with the Ananda mid motor
Sounds good, the Gran Camino frame is solid, hope it works out