What should I try?

Danno

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 10, 2012
Yesterday I ordered a Wisper 905sel with hydraulic brakes.

I will report on the site how I get on with it, it is a bit of a beast but suited me perfectly, the quality was better than other bikes I tried and I have been told their after sales service is excellent.

Thanks for your help.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations Danno, I hope you get years of enjoyment from your new e-bike.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Excellent choice (given the absence of any Juicy Bike dealer near you of course)!
Wisper have a superb reputation for after-care and service - you will not be disappointed.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thank you for investing in a Wisper Danno, we appreciate the business! The sel will be great on those hills!
We haven't had a user report on a 905sel yet so please let me know how you get on?
Off to the Home Office this morning to explore the possibilities of encouraging the use of electric bikes police forces more generally.... very exciting!

(Thanks for the kind comments Bob!!)

All the best

David :)

Last edited:

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
Great news David.

Can you sell them the 'not quite so fast' version so they wont be able to catch us.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Eagle rider, we only sell bikes that do 15mph!! ;)

The visit to the Home office went well, although I was there in my capacity as a Director of Wisper I was also representing BEBA, we have arranged a series of three test days in London, Sheffield and in the New Forest so the police can get to understand what electric bikes are all about. They were very interested in BEBA and what we are trying to achieve, I shall be recommending all BEBA members' electric bike models no only Wisper.

Best regards

David

Last edited:

Danno

Jan 10, 2012
My birthday present to myself arrived this morning! Just back from a long maiden ride along the sea-front and back up to the house, very impressed. The last bike I owned was a Claud Butler racing bike about thirty five years ago. The Wisper is a lot heavier than my old bike but it was fantastic to ride and surprisingly very agile. There were no rattles, the bike was almost silent and much more powerful than I remembered during the test ride. It whisked me back up the hill after my ride with hardly any effort. The gears need a little adjustment but that is my only critasism. Best of all were the looks from the young fit pedal cyclists as I sped past them.

Danno

Jan 10, 2012
I should also say the finish on the bike was perfect, when I parked up for a cup of tea, people actualy stopped to admire it. All very satisfying.l

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations on your new Wisper Danno, it should give you years of enjoyment. There's nothing quite like the feeling of having a high-end bike and getting it admired.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
What fantastic news! Thanks Dano for your kind words I bet it was seriously cold though? My Daughter is at Sussex University just east of Brighton, we were there at the weekend and it was perishingly bitter!

Sorry about the gear alignment, they are quite simple to adjust and the detail is in the manual, if you have any problems I am sure your dealer will get that sorted for you.

There has been a sudden uptake on SEL's, it's strange that it takes a little while for a new model to start selling. As the spec, so the price was significantly higher than the SE series I was a little worried only a little mind you as I have exactly the same model as you and in my opinion it is the best bike we have built so far. We will no doubt be out of SEL's soon...... creating a completely different issue!!!

Thanks again Dano, if you get time it would be great to see a full review on the bike and maybe some images of you on the Brighton sea front!?

Best regards

David :)

Danno

Jan 10, 2012
I took my new bike into the local shop to get the gears adjusted, it took about two minutes and they did it free, they are perfect now very smooth. The shop owner said it was an excellent bike and the first electric bike he had seen that he would consider selling. I gave him your details David.

I am absolutely delighted with my purchase it makes me feel 30 years younger and I can't seem to get this silly grin of my face when I am riding. My partner has christened me Danny Turbo Legs and is threatening to buy one too.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Turbo Legs!!! :cool:

Great news, yes he already contacted me and I have passed the lead onto Douglas (my business partner).

Many thanks for your kind words and maybe helping to open a dealer in Brighton, I wil let you know how we get on.

Best regards

David

jenny

Mar 25, 2012
Hi
I have been browsing the site as I too am looking for a bike to suit myself. Flecc seems to know everything!
I don't know if you have decided on a bike yet but I am having to sell a Tonaro Bighit and wondered if you would be interested. This is really genuine, the bike was not mine and is too big for me. I hope I am allowed to say this in this section! If you are interested please let me know. Phil from pedalpower is also trying to sell this bike for me, so you can check that I am genuine.
Kind Regards
Jenny

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
@danno, what bike do u have ?
@david, I am a resident of Brighton now a city with good cycle lanes, there are no e-bike dealers, as far as i know, and i have been looking, maybe it something to do with the the local council bleeding dry the small retail business out of the city,
and being replaced with charity shops.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
H Jazper 53,

It's the same everywhere, if you want to have a coffee, buy a house, a pair of glasses or a second hand copy of The Hay Wain you'r OK!

My Daughter is attending Surrey University and we now often visit Brighton, it's certainly a lot better still than Sevenoaks has become!

Dan bought one of our 905sel's and although I have not heard from him for a while he loved it.

All the best

David

T Pringle

Apr 12, 2012
Where in canada does this guy come from!? north west territories?! moved from canada to england ten years ago and forgot we still had those temperatures over there!

We think it's cold here?

This morning I received this image from a Canadian Wisperer he still rides in Minus 38 degrees C!

View attachment 3081

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Tpringle, I don't remember but I have written to Wisper Canada to ask if he knows?

I will let you know if I discover where he lives.

All the best

David