What to do about the controller bag?

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
What to do about the controller bag? It is prone to vandalism and other assholes that want to damage the bicycle. Especially because velcro and the zipper being so easy to remove and open.
Is there a better way any of you found out?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Never been touched in a year.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
£13 for a plastic box. With "free" shipping... :eek:

Terry1100

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2014
I second the suggestion to get a box rather than bag.

I specified the box with my Panda kit and it fits neatly on the rear of the seat tube in the triangle between the mudguard, the seat stays and the seat tube.

It's discreet and with the addition of insulating tape round the join has been perfectly waterproof so far. A bit of a s*d to get it all in neatly but once sorted it was just a matter of tightening it all up.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
the problem i have is that i have a 1000w controller that does not seem to fit those cases. they are only suited for max 500w controllers.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
For 3 years, I mounted the controllers on a rear rack above the wheel, sometimes with a fender, but they sure got dirty, and I would have to wrap the JST connectors to keep them dry. This year, I found some smaller controller boxes on ebay that fit my KT 20A 6-fet and 25A 9fet controllers, and have been retrofitting them. Looks cleaner.

powercircle

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 2, 2021
Use a rugged looking bike that does the job.

I have my 1/3 of my duct taped to improve water tightness. Most wouldn't even know it was there or worth a second look.

I guess no solution is vandal proof unless you own a tank but If you can chain it well in a built up/busy area you'll be ok. Wouldn't leave it there overnight though.