?what?

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
Umm Nice idea, I have an old Giant Suede in the shed. Anyone interested?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
another example of why in frame battery not such a great idea years down the line, when they are no longer supported.......

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But as Eddie has said above, there are no batteries available for the in-frame tube, so it's of little value for re-conversion. One can pick up an excellent s/h normal bike for that money.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
But as Eddie has said above, there are no batteries available for the in-frame tube, so it's of little value for re-conversion. One can pick up an excellent s/h normal bike for that money.
I learnt that from you Tony.....saying that I did nearly buy a CUBE EPO with seat post battery (seduced by stunning low weight and style) but lucklily sobered up in time:p

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Easy for anyone with half a clue to make their own battery that will fit the original space. Apart from it being a frame style I don't like, I would give that serious thought - although it might look better in black.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
But everyone doesn't have the ability, the majority need a turn key fit n forget solution...

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
But everyone doesn't have the ability, the majority need a turn key fit n forget solution...
From what ive seen on here is that even if the battery is less integrated getting a compatable battery for a no longer manufactured bike is not that easy ( see all the threads on people trying to fit other manufacturers batteries to their bike). I will agree it may prove a bit easier but unless the battery is a direct fit dont see how its any easier than getting a frame battery re-celled

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
Easy for anyone with half a clue to make their own battery that will fit the original space. Apart from it being a frame style I don't like, I would give that serious thought - although it might look better in black.
Clearly I have less than half a clue, as I would'nt know where to start. But I would like to learn, and perhaps develop the skills required to replace my own battery when it checks out. I have the behind the seat rectangular section type, and can't see any reason why I couldn't replace the cells.

Can anyone recommend a source of information I could read up on. Amongst other jobs, I need to replace the cells in my rechargeable vacuum cleaner, and this could be my first 'experiment'. I'm pretty good at most practical issues, I just need a "Battery Building for Dummies" book.

Any ideas?