What's Missing?

C

Cyclezee

Has anyone noticed something missing from the the right of the screen? Or have I gone blind?

John

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
If it signifies what I think it does, I would just like to pass on a very sincere thanks to Russ for keeping this site independent and therefore an objective resource for all of us. This is very heartening in these money orientated times.

I hope that when lessons have been digested, we can all come back together to promote e-cycling, the very best way to travel. :)

Cheers,

Django

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Their clinic is has disappeared as well, lets hope it signifies an end to a period on this forum which I personally have found rather depressing.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's a pity it came to this, but inevitable I suppose.

However, to give you a smile for a change, a new member PM'd me today to ask why there was little mention of the Heinzmann, going on to remark, "is it because the forum is run by 50cycles". :eek:

That's a misunderstanding not likely to be repeated following this latest development.

Forgive me for quoting you "D", but we were in need of a smile on this subject, so thank you. :)

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
It's a pity it came to this, but inevitable I suppose.

However, to give you a smile for a change, a new member PM'd me today to ask why there was little mention of the Heinzmann, going on to remark, "is it because the forum is run by 50cycles". :eek:
Are we to witness a resurgence of the brush I wonder. Is some miraculous nano tube form of carbon about to revolutionise electric motors. Is perpetual motion possible after all? Eyes right may be the order of the day! :)

Last edited:

Joe

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2008
i still maintain that 50 cycles had far greater plaudits than criticism in this forum. i would hope they are able to maintain better communication with their kalkhoff suppliers than they did latterly with ezee which plainly they will not be stocking in the near future.

anyway if they are into electric cycles not to make profit:confused: as they claim they wont miss the potential extra sales they could manage by clear communication on this forum without getting too defensive or offended if people who are parting with significant sums of money want to be specific about delivery dates, battery availability or exact specifications or pictures of the products on sale.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi all,

50Cycles have decided not to continue advertising with the site. All enquiries requiring a response from Tim/Scott and the team should be directed to 50cycles@50cycles.com

I would like to publicly thank all those at 50Cycles for their support since the forum's inception and hope that at some point in the future they will take an active place in the forum once again :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'll join you with that thanks to 50cycles Russ.

I'm quite sure that once the situation vis-a-vis eZee is settled, 50cycles will find it easier to return to the forum with the fine product they have now in the Kalkhoff brand.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Some may feel vindicted. I think none are better off. I'm saddened.
I'm in complete agreement with you Tony. It is very sad. We all must remember that this is a company trying its damnest to promote the very best of e-bike technology and now feels unable to continue its sponsorship. We now have a rather absurd situaltion where arguably the best e-bike in production at the moment is no longer represented by its retailer.

Having said that, I do feel it is vital that the customer must always come first. (though some comments were below the belt at times.)
But hey, that's freedom of speech.. it often ain't pretty.
BW
musicbooks

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
I'll join you with that thanks to 50cycles Russ.

I'm quite sure that once the situation vis-a-vis eZee is settled, 50cycles will find it easier to return to the forum with the fine product they have now in the Kalkhoff brand.
I hope so too..Good luck with 'negotiations' 50 cycles.

BW
musicbooks

Sep 24, 2007
anyway if they are into electric cycles not to make profit:confused: as they claim
Blimey, I must have missed that. Unbelievable. Completely ludicrous.

Personally, I can't get too sentimental over the disappearance of the banner and 'clinic'. They say if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and to me it looks like this is exactly what's happened. After a history of debatable business practices, many fed up customers and lots of awful feedback on this site, in my own experience entirely justified, 50Cycles have run away. The disappearance of their clinic means that those people who already have purchased bikes no longer have that particular means of communication about their machines.

I'm not surprised they've pulled out. It must have been getting ever more embarassing for them every day.

Citrus

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2007
I'm not surprised they've pulled out. It must have been getting ever more embarassing for them every day.
I don't think so really. A small handful of members of this forum have had the knives out for 50cycles for several weeks now - you being one of them.

With over 3000 happy 50cycles customers and this site having just over 600 active users and probably around 100 or less very active users, they probably decided it wasn't worth advertising here anymore with all the noise made by the few. Who can blame them? I am very sad to see them go.

Last edited:

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Sorry Citrus,

But I have to disagree. Other companies (Powabyke, Wisper) have had criticism on here and they are still around. What happened with 50cycles is that some questions were asked and they weren't answered. When they were asked again, 50cycles decided to take their ball away.

They have been let off the hook very lightly. We now have the crazy situation that the "vocal minority" is not those wanting to know the answers, but those saying that 50cycles are wonderful and the questions shouldn't have been asked.

We should not be fighting among ourselves. I find it depressing that this thread is now longer than the one asking where the batteries went.

Nick

Sep 24, 2007
A small handful of members of this forum have had the knives out for 50cycles for several weeks now - you being one of them.
What a silly thing to say. It's not a question of knives, in or out. It's a question of recounting exactly my experience with 50Cycles. It's as simple as that. Evasion, broken delivery promises, arrogance on the phone, a flat disagreement that I had phoned more than once. And then a 'delivery date' of end March when I had been told mid-January. And you call that "knives out" and get all sloppy about them pulling out and how "sad" you are? Presumably you didn't pay up £240 and then get messed about interminably, talked to like you're some sort of lesser being and then lied to. But you feel able to gainsay all of that by reducing it having "knives out".

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry Nick, but I have to mention that Wisper in the person of top man David Miall did threaten to pull out and has in fact largely absented himself since then. He was very blunt in saying he was at the end of his tether with the forum.

He and Scott Snaith of 50cycles are both people very deeply involved in their businesses and working round the clock too much for their own good I think, so both take criticisms very personally, and can be blind to their own errors.

I think it a bit unfair to say that those posting of a good 50cycles experience say the criticisms should not have been posted, since no-one has said that. What we have said in some cases is that we are fed up with the persistence of some in not letting it go after making the justified criticism. We have one member currently re-raising it at every opportunity in all sorts of threads.

A justified criticism of something wrong is welcome and desirable, a vendetta is not, and some need to grow up and stop behaving like petulant 10 year olds once they've said their piece.

All they do is demonstrate the old truism that the most reasonable customers get the best service, the unreasonable ones the worst.

P.S. I see David Miall has just re-entered the forum. Hopefully we'll see 50cycles back again one day.

Last edited:

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
We should not be fighting among ourselves. I find it depressing that this thread is now longer than the one asking where the batteries went.
Agreed Nick. Whats done is done, it's time to move forward having hopefully learnt that there are no winners in situations like this.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Agreed Nick. Whats done is done, it's time to move forward having hopefully learnt that there are no winners in situations like this.
Agreed. I look forward to lots of praise for 50cycles in the future and I also look forward to proper criticism of all distributors and manufacturers if needs be.

Personally, I think the forum as a whole has done an excellent job on behalf of customers and potential customers and I am grateful for the balancing voices on each side; it has helped us to steer a steady course through a difficult time.

In the absence of anything new, I would invite everyone to consider what there is to be gained by repeating that which is already in the archives for all to see.

Cheers,

Django

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Just a note to say about this thread after reading it carefully.
Some people have said that with the Kalkhoff range, 50cycles should have a better product, with better support from the supplier/maker.
Do you think, if , 50cycles cannot resolve their battery supply problems with ezee, they could part their ways?

Last edited: