What's Missing?

S

stokepa31

It would seem to be more that just battery issues. There is much speculation about the relationship between the two. Now the Torq has been neutered in terms of top end speed and the fact that the new German bike is already tipped for the top, they may well choose to concentrate on the new line. I guess time will tell!!

Paul

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
It would seem to be more that just battery issues. There is much speculation about the relationship between the two. Now the Torq has been neutered in terms of top end speed and the fact that the new German bike is already tipped for the top, they may well choose to concentrate on the new line. I guess time will tell!!

Paul
so how will ezee owners resolve their battery replacements/spare parts for the future ?
I feel the Torq had the be limited anyway, in the fact I dont htink the battery was suited to that demand.

Bob.

Last edited:

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Sorry Nick, but I have to mention that Wisper in the person of top man David Miall did threaten to pull out and has in fact largely absented himself since then. He was very blunt in saying he was at the end of his tether with the forum.
Thanks, flecc; I was not aware of that. The Wisper ads remained though. I suppose I can understand someone being frustrated, but this forum is an awful lot better than many on the net. I think it is better for all concerned if the manufacturers/distributors do participate.

Nick

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree Nick, I prefer manufacturers and distributors to be in here. Now that David has posted again, hopefully he will maintain contact now, though the ongoing row about him not wanting to give warranty support to 905se bikes bought from Germany threatens that of course.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
so how will ezee owners resolve their battery replacements/spare parts for the future ?
I feel the Torq had the be limited anyway, in the fact I dont htink the battery was suited to that demand.

Bob.
There will be another agent I'm sure, eZee being far too desirable a brand to go without one. In fact i know of one e-bike retailer who would love to have that agency.

Meanwhile, 50cycles are trying to arrange for NiMh batteries to be available as well as any of the usual Li-ion supplies from wherever, and also have a large range of eZee spares.

eZee development continues so any advances and spare will be available, and they have agents in other European countries as well. The owners son is in charge of European sales for eZee:

EUROPE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Ken Ching
Tel: +86 13 63 66 02 548
E-mail.: kenching@ezeebike.com

so there is a continuing commitment to all of Europe. I'm not in the least concerned about being able to get batteries and other spares for my two eZee bikes.

Last edited:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I feel some sympathy for wisper here,if i purchased a bike through ebay i would not expect warranty repairs,i thought at auctions goods are pretty much sold as seen,unless otherwise stated at the time of auction.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I feel some sympathy for wisper here,if i purchased a bike through ebay i would not expect warranty repairs,i thought at auctions goods are pretty much sold as seen,unless otherwise stated at the time of auction.
I agree Paul, but since European consumer law says different, it gives grounds for dispute unfortunately.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Ebay

Hi Guys

This is a little frustrating. In all cases we have asked people to contact us directly so we can help sort out their problems, we will help but they do need to talk to us.

Anyone with a problem with their cheap German bikes should call Doug on 01425 627 641.

We really do want to help you.

Best regards David