Where Do You Live V2.0

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Due to recent events (theft) I would like to change my username to become a little more incognito if that's possible! Otherwise location at BD20 is quite vague so happy to add that.
We only ever ask fo the first half of the postcode Phill, and that;s how you are currently entered. If you feel the road position you are on is too close for comfort, I can move the position a bit further away if you wish, onto a different road for example.

My first half code landed me right on where I live for example, so I shifted it slightly and I now appear to live in a golf course bunker.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
We only ever ask fo the first half of the postcode Phill, and that;s how you are currently entered. If you feel the road position you are on is too close for comfort, I can move the position a bit further away if you wish, onto a different road for example.

My first half code landed me right on where I live for example, so I shifted it slightly and I now appear to live in a golf course bunker.
OK cheers, any advice on changing my username? I never thought about this when I joined..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
OK cheers, any advice on changing my username? I never thought about this when I joined..
I think you'd need to contact the administrators Russell Scott or HelenJ to change your user name while keeping other details the same. To contact Russell, here's the conversation link.

Alternatively rejoin under another name and using another email address, getting me to delete or amend your present map entry.

Reactions: Gubbins

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I think you'd need to contact the administrators Russell Scott or HelenJ to change your user name while keeping other details the same. To contact Russell, here's the conversation link.

Alternatively rejoin under another name and using another email address, getting me to delete or amend your present map entry.
I asked Russell (I think) and he changed me over to a new name. It's better, as all your old post get re-named so you keep them.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: flecc

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Due to recent events (theft) I would like to change my username to become a little more incognito if that's possible! Otherwise location at BD20 is quite vague so happy to add that.
Very wise.

I did wonder if recent unfortunate events were something to do with information disclosed on here.

Unlikely, but the internet can be a solvable jigsaw puzzle for the savvy thief.

It may be that pedelecs info on its own was of no help, but most of us have an online presence in several places, so linking all together can provide a picture we would not like to be made public.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
In my case I think not. This group of young men also stole a quad bike, attempted to take a land-rover and trailer and 2 mountain bikes in separate incidents as well as other crime from Skipton to Bradford.
I have convinced myself that they were just cruising around looking for unsuspecting sheep to shear and I was just there for the taking..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
In my case I think not. This group of young men also stole a quad bike, attempted to take a land-rover and trailer and 2 mountain bikes in separate incidents as well as other crime from Skipton to Bradford.
I have convinced myself that they were just cruising around looking for unsuspecting sheep to shear and I was just there for the taking..

I would have liked to see them holding a land rover out of the car window!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

had 1 guy offer one of these for 100 quid stolen as wants rid fast.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
some times you just rob from the wrong type off ppl its so hot that its gone nuclear.

so not worth a pound to me and god help the person that buys it a rides round on it you dont rob a bike from the ppl that robs them in the first place :rolleyes:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
some times you just rob from the wrong type off ppl its so hot that its gone nuclear.

so not worth a pound to me and god help the person that buys it a rides round on it you dont rob a bike from the ppl that robs them in the first place :rolleyes:
Sorry. Don't understand that riddle... can you rephrase it a bit

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they just robbed the equivalent of al capone bike, bad idea! why its so cheap.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
So if someone steals a blokes hard earned gear no one gives a toss but if some other low life steals the stolen gear from the top theif they will get
. What? Kneecapped or something?