Where Do You Live V2.0

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If we are not already listed, we are in Lisburn Northern Ireland UK having just returned from a 32 mile adventure to the Titanic Quarter, one of our favourite routes.
You're in Ted, riding on Prince William Road:

Map Link

Also to celebrate the legalisation of pedelecs in Northern Ireland and your part in that achievement, shown as TedG and Anne riding on Queen's Road in the Titanic Quarter

Map Link

Last edited:
Reactions: TedG

TedG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Lisburn Co Antrim Northern Ireland UK
Also to celebrate the legalisation of pedelecs in Northern Ireland and your part in that achievement, shown as TedG and Anne riding on Queen's Road in the Titanic Quarter
Very kind comment Flecc. It is true that I have been known as relentless in my search for justice over many issues in 70 years but in this case I got strength from the support from you and many others on this excellent forum. Knowing that we were not alone regarding this absurd “law” gave me the will to carry on even though we did lose nearly two years because of my obstinacy in refusing to go down what was the “illegal” path.
We stuck it out and gained a lot from the encouragement of other forum members and to be fair the local Green Party who were also with us from the beginning of our war.
A request to have my name mentioned in Stormont?? Yes indeed but I declined as most of them (apart from the Greens) quietly ignored me and my mountain of emails over two years. We were happy to let the Dept of Infrastructure take the credit – if credit is the word I am looking for.
We are often stopped to be asked about the Volt bikes and we always tell the truth and agree that it is good to be out again – with anonymity being just fine.
I am sure that many more than me voiced their opinions and displeasure.
Take care lads and lasses and thank you all for your support.
Ted.

Attachments

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I’m on a mobile, no instructions to left on Google maps ?
The system is rather different since this first started. All we need is the first half of your post code to add you to the map.

It can't be left fo everyone to add themselves since that also allows the map to be wrecked.