Where to get a 36 hole 16" wheel

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
As in the title, I have a folder with 16" wheels and wanted to do some fabrication.

I want to keep the bike fully operational while I tinker away, having a spare wheel to test build

They are 36 hole rims, whereas I notice most of the bromptons are 28 spokes.

Any suggestions where I get 16" wheels with 36 holes in the UK? Rims or complete wheels doesn't really matter

Thanks

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
As in the title, I have a folder with 16" wheels and wanted to do some fabrication.

I want to keep the bike fully operational while I tinker away, having a spare wheel to test build

They are 36 hole rims, whereas I notice most of the bromptons are 28 spokes.

Any suggestions where I get 16" wheels with 36 holes in the UK? Rims or complete wheels doesn't really matter

Thanks
There's a couple on ebay, one new with tyre and one second hand, here's the links

bmx wheel bike tyre 36 spoke alloy rim cog 16 x 2.125 on eBay (end time 04-Apr-10 22:27:56 BST)

JL SCF 16" BMX 36 SPOKE FRONT WHEEL. on eBay (end time 16-Mar-10 10:39:24 GMT)

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Thanks, I searched ebay but it returned no search results, guess I wasn't using the right keywords.
Just click on the links[text] in my reply above, it will take you to them. Or search item number 270542045461 [£11.50 + £6.50 post] or 200447051576 [bidding on this one] in Ebay.

Last edited:

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
Just click on the links[text] in my reply above, it will take you to them. Or search item number 270542045461 [£11.50 + £6.50 post] or 200447051576 [bidding on this one] in Ebay.
lol - what I meant was, before my OP, I originally searched ebay, with no success due to the wrong keywords

But......having clicked on your link, I have now made a purchase, £11.50 is a good price for wheel and cheapo tyre.
Plus they look to be the Samson wheels which already on the folder :) Samson by name, samson by nature!

I liked Jerry's suggestion but just too rich for my blood ;)

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
lol - what I meant was, before my OP, I originally searched ebay, with no success due to the wrong keywords

But......having clicked on your link, I have now made a purchase, £11.50 is a good price for wheel and cheapo tyre.
Plus they look to be the Samson wheels which already on the folder :) Samson by name, samson by nature!

I liked Jerry's suggestion but just too rich for my blood ;)
Glad to be of service. Tony.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Glad you got one but may I be nosey and ask what sort of fabricatrion tinkering you are doing?

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
Glad you got one but may I be nosey and ask what sort of fabricatrion tinkering you are doing?
I want to revert the folder to a standard push bike, as and when needed.

The lecky parts account for approx 6kg weight, thats about half the actual weight of the bike itself.

Keeping the ehub, so I can switch back again. Might even put the 2nd ehub on the front ;)

Problem is axle is 10 x 200mm, I'll need to do some fabrication, standard axles are much less

Last edited:

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
I want to revert the folder to a standard push bike, as and when needed.

The lecky parts account for approx 6kg weight, thats about half the actual weight of the bike itself.

Keeping the ehub, so I can switch back again.

Problem is axle is 10 x 200mm, I'll need to do some fabrication, standard axles are much less
Aha! I look forward to hearing how the project goes, good luck.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I laced my Suzhou Bafang (8-Fun) motor in this rim, the Sun-Ringle quality is great. I also built a Tongxin wheel based on the version of the CR18 rim without the brass eyelets: I should have done it the other way around, as the eyelets actually got in the way of tensioning the spokes straight when using short spokes (larger diameter motor hub). But for most applications, the brass eyelets add strength to the build. Regards, Daniel

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Hey looks good how do you find it riding wise.

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
Thanks, it rides very well,

48t front and 28-14 teeth on the rear, can pedal comfortably at 12mph

I put straight bars on, the previous ones were a bit 'girly'.......... The new bars makes it very stable at speed downhill ;)

Just under 14kg, it's no featherweight!!