Which bike ahhh? :)

Bikesman

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Both came from Martin (post 2 above), Genuinely believe that there's no one more knowledgeable than him in the UK when it comes to Haibikes. He handles any warranty issues so I've never even worried about it being an issue. Probably a good idea to give him a ring.
I will do. Thanks. By the way are you local to him or did you have yours delivered?....

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I still haven't found out if it affects the warranty though if someone could tell me
My 10 pence worth !
I brought a Cube reaction 29er ( latest Bosch system ) earlier this year and at the time of purchase the dealer mentioned derestricting, saying "of cause you can make it go faster with a dongle but you'll loose the warranty"
So if someone tells you yes you'll keep the warranty, get it in writing before parting with any cash.
No one has mentioned the Cube range.
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/cube-reaction-hybrid-pro29-first-impressions.17754/#post-219288
I'm loving mine, I can't be un biased as the only other E-bike I've owned was a 2008 Kalkhoff Agattu & off road...... Well let's just keep quiet about that ;)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Ahh, the Cubes...

Cracking bikes and very understated in the paint dept.

Don't seem to get the attention they deserve, so some good deals should be haggleable as the 2015 models pop up.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Bikesman,

Look forward to your call. Never had an issue with warranty with the dongle installed. Can discuss in more detail over the phone - 01252 279 279

I am still working on the Yamaha v Bosch comparison, been writing it all week, probably got a few more hours on it till it goes live.

Thanks for the kind words Wander! Good to see your enjoying your Haibike :)

Regards
Martin

D

Deleted member 4366

That's interesting. I'd be surprised if the Yamaha motor has exactly the same software as the Bosch system. I would have thought that there would be another way to fool the system about the speed rather than use a dongle. We'll see when there's a few in circulation.