Which Dealer Would You Not Hesitate to Recommend?

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
In the name of research, helping other electric bike buyers out and for bookmarking later - a simple question.

Which Dealer(s) Would You Not Hesitate to Recommend and Why?

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
Dealer recommendation: Onbike

Easy.

Onbike: very big range of bikes, very pleasant to deal with, plus a secret weapon, namely very hilly countryside nearby in the case of their Presteigne branch...

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Easy.

50Cycles. Great to deal with, know their stuff, responsive and all round good guys....

You can see where this is heading ;)

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
OnBike

Agree

Dead Easy - OnBike

Huge range of test bikes, good countryside with hills close to Kiddermister shop too, impartial advice, endlessly patient, excellent email, phone and on site support. The guys there know their bikes inside out, are competent on the electrics and have test rigs available for battery or controller testing.

Absolutely no hesitation recommending them

All the best

Bob_about

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
From my one perfect dealing with them, Onbike.

I've also received service ranking from good to excellent on a number of occasions from 50cycles, including before this forum existed when they didn't know who I was.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I would recommend 50 Cycles to someone looking for an electric bike. My service experience has ranged from excellent to diabolical, but mainly excellent. They are knowledgeable, and sell very good quality bikes.

As stated, we haven't always seen eye to eye over some issues, but I believe that they are generally well intentioned.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Electric Cycle Company Edinburgh

The Electric Cycle Company in Edinburgh are a fantastic dealer. They let me test any bike i wanted for as long as i wanted and most importantly they have time for you. Nothing seems too much trouble for them and as they stock lots of brands you do get an unbiased opinion. Highly recommended.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Juicy Bikes, in Buxton. Test ride any of their bikes in a very hilly location. Good coffee shops nearby where you can mull over your decision (we did) and superb after-sales service.
Ed was asking for the Dealer, not manufacturer/importer...... :)

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Wow. Overwhelming support for OnBike and 50cycles then! Has anyone been to the 50cycles branch in Richmond? What's it like?

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, it's just a small showroom with a few bikes. The good part is the opportunity for an extended test ride through Richmond Park.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I am going to recommend the 3 wisper dealers I have had very good dealings with. That is the beauty of Wisper, they have such a good dealer network you are more likely to find excellent and convenient service wherever you are throughout the country:D

ETS Camden

E Bikes direct

Powarider/Cyclemech Woking

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
Another one for On-bike. Outstanding for my 4 purchases, their great knowledge and willingness to let you try the bikes even though I wasn't buying.

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
I'd like to add a second for E-Bikes Direct, they were incredibly helpful to me in the first few weeks of ownership.

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Boring reply

Another for On-Bike :friendly,knowledgable,not pushy just excellent guys to deal with.

Alan:)

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Hi all,

Have to recommend OnBike, I ordered Cycle Analyst and although they were supposed to be closed for Christmas, my order was still dealt with. Order was placed at 12noon and arrived about 3 pm the next day. That's what you call service, well done OnBike.

Marky T:)

trickletreat

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
If you want bespoke and great service, then Steve at Electricmountainbikes.
He has now fixed me up with a heinzmann powered Swissbike, a heinzmann powered ICE trike and a Gruber powered Trek.

Another vote for Onbike as well.
Nigel

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Did you all go to the OnBike shop then in Kiddermaster and Presteigne? Or did you order online?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mine was a 'phone order, but those posting previously have used all methods, including many visits to the Online shops.