Help! Which Low Assist eBike

navkant

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 17, 2020
Hi Guys, After a disastrous experience with Giant [3 New Fastroad E+ Pro bikes with moisture issues in Engine], I figured out I don't need the high level of assist. I am hence weighing my options between Orbea Gain F40 vs Cannondale Quick Neo SL 2. Can you please help me with your experience?
  • The iWoc Trio handlebar remote on F40 looked cheap and prone to wear and tear. The test ride Bike had this part wobbling. Has anyone had any bad experience with it?
  • On Orbea, there seems to be a lag of a few seconds before the motor kicks in when starting from a standstill. This wasn't the case with the Yamaha motor of Giant.
  • I called 4 Evancycles stores and none of them has a Cannondale Quick Neo to test ride and it has a 5 week waiting period. Is it better than Orbea and worth the wait?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Both bikes use the ebikeMotion system, so you would expect both to perform similarly.

It's possible Cannondale has its own software, but unlikely.

Only a test ride will tell.

Reactions: navkant

navkant

Feb 17, 2020
Thanks. Have to go blind and book a Cannondale then. Apparently can cancel later if I do t like the test ride.

DroidOne

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
Stockholm (Sweden)
When you get the SL2, can you post a small review on here? I'm also looking to get it. What you think about the frame and the build quality.

I have the Cannondale Quick Neo EQ, but want something lighter (it's about 21kg with all bells and whistles).

Reactions: navkant

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

navkant

Feb 17, 2020
When you get the SL2, can you post a small review on here? I'm also looking to get it. What you think about the frame and the build quality.

I have the Cannondale Quick Neo EQ, but want something lighter (it's about 21kg with all bells and whistles).
Will do. I think I will pre-order it this week with an option to not buy it if I don't like it