Which Mid drive

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
Ok having looked through quite a few reviews I am back to square one and usually what ever choice I make will always be the wrong on.
I Am looking at the
Tongsheng TSDZ2 Mid Drive Motor 750w 48v
or the bafang BBS02 750w 48v
Which do you guys think will be the lest troublesome to fit and use and get a good customer service with.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Ok having looked through quite a few reviews I am back to square one and usually what ever choice I make will always be the wrong on.
I Am looking at the
Tongsheng TSDZ2 Mid Drive Motor 750w 48v
or the bafang BBS02 750w 48v
Which do you guys think will be the lest troublesome to fit and use and get a good customer service with.
Hi . What bike are you fitting it to ? Both systems have their quirks to fit to certain BB or cable runs.

The single biggest difference is the ride will be totally different. Tongsheng has a torque sensor so the more effort you put in the more the systems adds.

On a bafang you can set it however you like via programming and can "ghost pedal" ie turn the pedals with zero real effort whilst the motor does all the effort. Not possible with the tongsheng.

Bafang parts very readily available. Not so sure about the other

Cheers

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Have fitted both for outright power/speed and easy fit the bafang is better
But for a more natural ride and the feeling of cycling the tsdz2 and longer battery range as a bonus it also looks better but can be a fiddle to fit [the rear anti turn bracket]

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
I have a carrera crossfire 2 from halfords looking to do about 25 mile bike rides on cycle paths a few hills here and there. So need good battery life

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
If battery life /range is important then the tsdz2 is the one to go I get 25-30 miles in speed /turbo modes and 50+ in eco :) should fit the crossfire with out problems

Attachments

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
If battery life /range is important then the tsdz2 is the one to go I get 25-30 miles in speed /turbo modes and 50+ in eco :) should fit the crossfire with out problems
what is the size and make of your battery

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You get more range from the TSDZ2 because it makes you pedal harder, so the motor does less. You can get full power out of the Bafang without pedalling at all - if you want. Both motors are equally efficient. Of course, you only get the range out of the TsDZ2 if your legs don't get tired.

Reactions: dwvl

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
48v 13.5ah from psw power cheap and cheerful
The bafang has a lot more power and top speed capability and more watts about1100 peak the tdz2 is 750 ish max

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
48v 13.5ah from psw power cheap and cheerful
The bafang has a lot more power and top speed capability and more watts about1100 peak the tdz2 is 750 ish max
Not really bothered about going really fast were is the best place to get the motor from

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
that's what I used bought 2 battery packs and the motor with brake cut outs and throttle vlcd 5 display

Last edited: