Help! Which PAS sensor should I choose?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Photos still don't show the diameter of the spindle. Have a look from underneath. Is it a spline or a square taper?

Reactions: mt247

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's square taper. There's not a lot of room on the left side. Can you show the gap between the chainwheel and the BB on the drive side.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's not looking good for fitting a standard one in the standard way. There's not enough room on the drive side and there's some sort of weird sleeve over your BB spindle that's probably just to keep the dirt out.

If it were my bike, I'd go for no. 2. You will need a lock-ring and you'll have to unwind the bearing cap a couple of turns to get enough thread to hold the lock-ring. Also, you'll probably have to grind/file a couple of mm off the inside of the pedal arm boss to make room for the magnet disc.

mt247

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2020
It's not looking good for fitting a standard one in the standard way. There's not enough room on the drive side and there's some sort of weird sleeve over your BB spindle that's probably just to keep the dirt out.

If it were my bike, I'd go for no. 2. You will need a lock-ring and you'll have to unwind the bearing cap a couple of turns to get enough thread to hold the lock-ring. Also, you'll probably have to grind/file a couple of mm off the inside of the pedal arm boss to make room for the magnet disc.
How about that last d12-l option? Seems like you don't have to remove crank for it:
Looks like it doesn't need that much space.

Last edited: