Help! Which to buy? (interested in Wisper Tailwind)

Quezza

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2023
I'm buying an electric bike through my employer's cycle to work scheme. I think I've narrowed it down, and I'm definitely interested in the Wisper Tailwind Comfort, which I test rode today. I've never had an ebike before, so I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.
  • What is the difference between the Wisper Tailwind Comfort and Wisper Tailwind City (is it just that the comfort has mudguards and a pannier rack?)
  • If I buy a Wisper online, will I find it easy to get it serviced etc? (ordinarily I'd try to 'buy local' but I've found one online that is £400 cheaper than the one at my local bike store).
  • Does the Wisper Tailwind have a torque or cadence sensor, and does it matter either way? (like I said, I'm new to this!)
  • Can I get an frame lock fitted to a Wisper Tailwind? (I'll get a proper lock too, just thinking about for popping in to the shops purposes).
And just in case anyone has any other suggestions, this is my wish list (removable battery is an essential for my needs).
  • Not toooo heavy
  • Can do at least a 20mile round trip on one charge
  • Ideally, looks like a 'normal bike' as much as possible
  • Ideally, I don't want to spend more than £2k.
Thanks in advance for the incoming wisdom and expertise!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I'm buying an electric bike through my employer's cycle to work scheme. I think I've narrowed it down, and I'm definitely interested in the Wisper Tailwind Comfort, which I test rode today. I've never had an ebike before, so I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.
  • What is the difference between the Wisper Tailwind Comfort and Wisper Tailwind City (is it just that the comfort has mudguards and a pannier rack?)
  • If I buy a Wisper online, will I find it easy to get it serviced etc? (ordinarily I'd try to 'buy local' but I've found one online that is £400 cheaper than the one at my local bike store).
  • Does the Wisper Tailwind have a torque or cadence sensor, and does it matter either way? (like I said, I'm new to this!)
  • Can I get an frame lock fitted to a Wisper Tailwind? (I'll get a proper lock too, just thinking about for popping in to the shops purposes).
And just in case anyone has any other suggestions, this is my wish list (removable battery is an essential for my needs).
  • Not toooo heavy
  • Can do at least a 20mile round trip on one charge
  • Ideally, looks like a 'normal bike' as much as possible
  • Ideally, I don't want to spend more than £2k.
Thanks in advance for the incoming wisdom and expertise!
Hi Quezza,

Thanks for considering a Wisper.

• What is the difference between the Wisper Tailwind Comfort and Wisper Tailwind City (is it just that the comfort has mudguards and a pannier rack?) YES THATS CORRECT PLUS A SIDE STAND
  • If I buy a Wisper online, will I find it easy to get it serviced etc? (ordinarily I'd try to 'buy local' but I've found one online that is £400 cheaper than the one at my local bike store). THATS A HUGE DISCOUNT THE BIGGEST I HABE HEARD OF, WHO IS OFFERING THAT? OUR BIKES ARE EASILY SERVICED AND WE OFFER FULL SUPPORT TO ANYONE.
  • Does the Wisper Tailwind have a torque or cadence sensor, and does it matter either way? (like I said, I'm new to this!). IN OUR EXPERIENCE MOST PEOPLE PREFER A CADENCE SENSOR. ALL OUR BIKES FEATURE A STARTER THROTTLE TO GET YOU GOING.
  • Can I get an frame lock fitted to a Wisper Tailwind? (I'll get a proper lock too, just thinking about for popping in to the shops purposes). YES
If I can be of further assistance please drop me a line.

All the best, David

Quezza

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Thanks David, that's v. useful info. The discount is at cyclesolutions.co.uk, they have a sale on at the moment, including some Wispers.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Thanks David, that's v. useful info. The discount is at cyclesolutions.co.uk, they have a sale on at the moment, including some Wispers.
That site is crazy, they seem to have in stock every single ebike that has ever existed, and there is no search facility.