Which UK couriers will ship a battery?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This must be a recent change to their T&Cs - I had noticed that some sellers of electronic goods had also recently ceased accepting Paypal... but then switched back because buyers prefer it: I do, because I like that Paypal (in my experience) always takes the buyers side in any dispute. To date, with decades of use, I have always been refunded whenever there has been an issue.
I pay for ebay stuff with Paypal too, but as a seller, I stick to a high standard of customer service as matter of course any way.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I pay for ebay stuff with Paypal too, but as a seller, I stick to a high standard of customer service as matter of course any way.
It's better for the long run, to actually provide a decent level of service. But for me as a buyer: No Paypal No Purchase. Unless there is no other option and I can't pay by Paypal ordering from elsewhere for the same item, even if it is a little more expensive, I'll opt for Paypal. I once got refunded by Paypal several hundred £s after a year of dispute. For buyers, Paypal is epic.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
It's better for the long run, to actually provide a decent level of service. But for me as a buyer: No Paypal No Purchase. Unless there is no ther option and I can't pay by Paypal ordering from elsewhere for the same item, even if it is a little more expensive, I'll opt for Paypal. I once got refunded by Paypal several hundred £s after a year of dispute. For buyers, Paypal is epic.
not in the usa it is not as now all sellers that go above 600 dollars in sales needs to tell the tax man as it used to be 20k a year.

wont be long b4 they do this in the uk imo

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's better for the long run, to actually provide a decent level of service. But for me as a buyer: No Paypal No Purchase. Unless there is no other option and I can't pay by Paypal ordering from elsewhere for the same item, even if it is a little more expensive, I'll opt for Paypal. I once got refunded by Paypal several hundred £s after a year of dispute. For buyers, Paypal is epic.
you get a pretty good protection from credit card companies within the UK.
It's only for foreign transactions that Paypal is particularly convenient.
Since we left the SM and CU on 1/1/2021, I stopped exporting altogether so it has not bothered me much.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
you get a pretty good protection from credit card companies within the UK.
It's only for foreign transactions that Paypal is particularly convenient.
Since we left the SM and CU on 1/1/2021, I stopped exporting altogether so it has not bothered me much.
I buy software, IT goods and services internationally, where Paypal and similar comes in very handy... and always prefer the protection which Paypal provides over that of credit cards, because dispute resolution is fast and it works in my favour. I don't need a new ebikebatteries.co.uk battery just yet, maybe they'll see reason if I wait long enough? I doubt it.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
not in the usa it is not as now all sellers that go above 600 dollars in sales needs to tell the tax man as it used to be 20k a year.

wont be long b4 they do this in the uk imo
The taxman in the UK or USA see every non-cash (and some cash) transaction anyway, or their automatic systems do... they only follow up on occasional anomalies flagged up by their automatic systems, but it's all logged and stored; and they'll chase small fry traders rather than Amazon or Google etc. targeting low hanging fruit. Annoying.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: guerney

jimmydoc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 23, 2019
I have a faulty E- bike battery and charger still under warranty, but I bought it from a German company on E bay.
Will I be able to return it? I'm really confused by all the info. on line.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I doubt one will be able to return it, one will need to contact the company in question first.