Who remembers Anotherkiwi ?

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
I did post this in The Charging Post first WITHOUT the words to charge, but added the e-bike forum entry afterwards...

So not guilty.
Ah. Ok. Fair enough. I'll let you off the hook on that one then :)

As I mentioned, due to my perhaps odd way of scanning the messages here, and only looking at the 'new posts', I end up never ever going to the charging post forum!
Apart from checking the Brexit thread - where now I've found it, I have a permanently open tab on my browser, and I just hit refresh every now and again for that one!

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I end up never ever going to the charging post forum!
Apart from checking the Brexit thread -
You aren't missing anything, most of the rest of the threads
seems to be some weird spam posting by a list of probably robot made up names, responding to each other with three posts per thread.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm awful with wood - too easy to make mistakes! I'd be tempted to use slightly thinner wood reinforced with a layer or several of vinyl wrap, the type they use on car bodies, for a bit of extra weatherproofing and scuff resistance inside and out. Vinyl wrap has a very thin layer of hot glue (applied with help from a heat gun), which could also add strength. Applying it afterwards would be better, because otherwise the wood wouldn't bend into shape as it needs to, and neither would the vinyl or hot glue.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That already very cool looking velo design would look wild in "Holographic" vinyl wrap!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The ply is thin enough to cramp and bend in to place before applying steam and glue.
Once done and sanded Tony fibreglasses/gel coats the exterior, other wise it would simply rot away. Like wise the wheel arch's and under side are waterproofed. The inside is simply multicoated with varnish.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

Related Articles

Advertisers