Why are all the new kits running late?

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
It would seem that it is almost impossible for the kit suppliers to hit their promised release dates. If it was just one you might think it was just a bit of over optimism but now the Cytronex C1 has drifted from August to the 'end' of 2011. The fantastic looking Oxygen Oxydrive is at least 8 weeks away and the Daahub seems to be suffering delays in real world availablity. What is behind this? Is it the shipping problems with Lithium batteries? Hellishly frustrating and now the nights will be drawing in and the season gone. Perhaps I will just have to be patient and wait until next year.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
It would seem that it is almost impossible for the kit suppliers to hit their promised release dates. If it was just one you might think it was just a bit of over optimism but now the Cytronex C1 has drifted from August to the 'end' of 2011. The fantastic looking Oxygen Oxydrive is at least 8 weeks away and the Daahub seems to be suffering delays in real world availablity. What is behind this? Is it the shipping problems with Lithium batteries? Hellishly frustrating and now the nights will be drawing in and the season gone. Perhaps I will just have to be patient and wait until next year.
Hi. I share your frustration. There are a number of causes including over optimism, promises not fulfilled by suppliers and warming or spoiling the market i.e if kit (a) is due out in 3 months then should I wait? In reality kit (a) has no chance of being released in 3 months yet the kit supplier will never admit it.......you may go out and purchase another kit instead! It creates lots and lots of pre-release publicity though! Just imagine all that pent up anticipation!

It is happening so often that I'm beginning to believe that it's mainly for the latter reason.

Now; where was I........yes, I have a kit coming out on 2/3/4 months/years. Who knows; but buy mine not kit(a) .
Regards
vectra

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The answer is simple....power problems in China and importers buying too late...or importers with lack of cash waiting for forward orders before they have the nerve to place orders. It's not common knowledge that all manufacturers in China are allocated power from Jan 1,they must use this power as economically as possible....I have been in offices in China late in the afternoon when the lights are still off because they are conserving power for production,if they run out in September thats it,wait for January for more power...so they use the power for their most important customers,if you don't qualify then they choose to put your work to the bottom of the list....we are finding that we have to order bigger quantities,earlier and allow 6-9 months on most orders,hold bigger stocks to cover the delays. Many cash strapped companies in the UK are ordering later,holding less stock and therefore delays are inevitable.
Dave
KudosCycles

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Our kits are in stock, in the UK and selling well.
No hype, not groundbreaking, just proven and reliable.

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Just need to start making some electric bikes and kits in the uk I reckon :)

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Thanks Bob. What I am looking for is where the battery will mount on the bottle mounts or downtube. Nothing too special just the ability to climb hills. It has to be front hub mounted as the dropouts on the frame of my donor Trek 6000 are too shallow to hold a rear mounted motor. I tried the Bionx but it just ripped out as the dropout is very shallow. Daahub, Cytronix C1 or Oxydrive are ideal so I will probably just have to sit and wait. The whole purppose of the bike was to get me to midweek golf after work. It was an effort to improve my fitness and I could not manage the hills with my current weight/level of unfitness. With the light virtually gone it is not so pressing so I will have to sit on my impatience and see what develops.

bigroy

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2011
Fife Scotland
Alienocean kits are in stock, in the UK and allso selling well.
250w 350w and 1000w motors

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I am sure the Alien kits are fine. However I do not want to go for a rack mounted battery and am looking for a pedelec option rather than throttle based.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
The answer is simple....or importers with lack of cash waiting for forward orders before they have the nerve to place orders.
Dave
KudosCycles
Hi
Just about sums the situation up hence the continual pre-marketing hype long, long before the kit actually arrives. I was aware of the power rationing situation in China however I'd have thought that part of the negotiations would require some questions to be asked of the supplier.
Regards
vectra

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi PJM

You need 48 volts to do your job and 1,000 watt motor This is NOT available in a Bottle battery we have had customers mount our battery's in the Frame not removable

If you send me a mail to

frank@xipi.co.uk

I will forward photos off customer conversion with battery in frame As for Pedalec This should be OK

Frank

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
PJM you sound frustrated with all the waiting......why dont you sell bike on ebay and buy a good ready made E bike. Maybe even a crank drive for those Sanderstead hills! One thing, the cable management will be a lot better then with a kit.....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
PJM you sound frustrated with all the waiting......why dont you sell bike on ebay and buy a good ready made E bike. Maybe even a crank drive for those Sanderstead hills! One thing, the cable management will be a lot better then with a kit.....
PJM did buy a crank drive, a Tonaro, but it did not meet with his approval for that route. Since it had a construction fault he was fortunately able to return it for full refund.

I have a strong feeling from previous posts that a Cytronex would suit his needs, since he clearly prefers good normal bike qualities but just wants good hill assistance. That's exactly what the Cytronex is designed to achieve.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I hear what you say Eddie its just that the Trek 6000 is brand new and has only been round the block a few times so I would end up losing a fortune. I really like the bike and the quality of all the cycle parts . As I said with the light going and the pressure of work I can now just sit tight and see what comes along kit wise. I must say that the cable management on the Bionx was fantastic.

Frank would that be a front hub conversion as I would be terrified of putting 1000w in the tiny rear dropout.

Thank Flecc. I think the Cytronex C1 may be a contender.

PS. I don't think I was able to give the Bighit a fair run as the fault made the rear brake either bind or not work at all. I am sure the binding did not help when going up hill. I did make it though :)

Last edited:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Generic Hub and a large controller for torque ;-)

However cable managment would be how good you are with a soldering iron and connections.
You may even have to drill the frame to make it really neat.

Bigger controller - more amps with a set wind motor will see more torque for those pesky hills.

C

Cyclezee

Just to add, almost all sizes of eZee kit, front and rear are available from stock as I write this, apart from 20" rear that is. I have been surprised by the popularity of that combination and the next shipment of them due in around 3 weeks is already sold or spoken for.:D:(:eek:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi PJM

We can do front or rear we have Heavy 6 mm thick drop out adapters

I personally prefer the front as the weight distribution is better

Frank