Why can't we......

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
....buy machines like this in Britain?.

Hub motor looks a bit of a lump, but how about the backsweep on those handlebars.

And will you just look at that colour scheme!!!.

Thats what I call a head turner!!

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
I should have shares in the company that makes the carrier, everyone seems to use the same one.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Perhaps because many like me would just say "Yuk!". :D

I think the makers should have made their mind up on what they were making, utility bike or sport bike.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Apart from the black and grey stripes on the frame, it looks quite like a Synergie Mistral. They do them in that bright blue, with those sliver batteries.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Hmmm... I think Blew-it's just shades it as the classier of the two.

(Although I dislike all those one-size-frames with a passion as not one of them fits me comfortably, they all need to offer a variety of frame sizes as per for instance the Kalkhoffs, where you're bound to get a good fit).

The Synergie Mistral -

Blew it's dream bike -

Last edited:

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
No, that's not the Mistral frame. The original photo I have is very high resolution, and the differences can clearly be seen. Judging by the die cast rear dropouts and the headstock, I suspect it's from the same factory as the machine below.

Danny-K,

Hi Danny,

The Synergie Mistral recently purchased from a forum member is now fully reconfigured for long range rural touring, just waiting for some half decent weather before starting the range tests. My Mistral is in metallic maroon and looks really good, the finish on these machines is excellent. Members who own Mistrals will already be aware of the high quality of these machines. I'll post some pics soon.

"Blew its Dream machine".. no, there's just one final machine I want to complete the trio of fast Lithium powered E-bikes, and that's this one.

The "brute"....the Tucano Carrera. Phylion battery, 7 speed megarange, Suzhou Bafang motor. That Danny, is my dream machine, and one way or another, I will own one soon!

All the best

Bob

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
I agree with blew-it, the bike doesnt look anything like the minstral - the colour is different and it hasnt got the naff looking writing scribbled all over the frame.

I think there should be more bikes like this with those handlebars too...better for your posture :D Only thing that needs improving is the colour of the battery - they should have blended it to match the frame.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
No, that's not the Mistral frame. The original photo I have is very high resolution, and the differences can clearly be seen. Judging by the die cast rear dropouts and the headstock, I suspect it's from the same factory as the machine below.

Danny-K,

Hi Danny,

The Synergie Mistral recently purchased from a forum member is now fully reconfigured for long range rural touring, just waiting for some half decent weather before starting the range tests. My Mistral is in metallic maroon and looks really good, the finish on these machines is excellent. Members who own Mistrals will already be aware of the high quality of these machines. I'll post some pics soon.

"Blew its Dream machine".. no, there's just one final machine I want to complete the trio of fast Lithium powered E-bikes, and that's this one.

The "brute"....the Tucano Carrera. Phylion battery, 7 speed megarange, Suzhou Bafang motor. That Danny, is my dream machine, and one way or another, I will own one soon!

All the best

Bob
I own a Tucano Carrrera. Too fast for me. Fell of it and since then I´m not too confortable riding it. I´m gonna get rid of it-even if for peanuts, as my shed is getting cramped- ´cause I´ve bought a BH Panasonic, more suitable to my typical old age cycling style.

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
too fast....?

I own a Tucano Carrrera. Too fast for me. Fell of it and since then I´m not too confortable riding it. I´m gonna get rid of it-even if for peanuts, as my shed is getting cramped- ´cause I´ve bought a BH Panasonic, more suitable to my typical old age cycling style.
but Poppy, just a couple of days ago you told us:

"Oh f*** it, guys! What am I doing in this forum with my measly 17 kmh as average speed....on flats?"

....so how fast is too fast....exactly.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Poppy

Hi Poppy,

I would love to take your Tucano Carrera in exchange for some peanuts, it's a machine I would like to own.

BUT!!

Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain to Swindon UK: 2136 Km, about 20 hours driving.
Not that bad!!

All the best Poppy

Bob

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008

"Oh f*** it, guys! What am I doing in this forum with my measly 17 kmh as average speed....on flats?"

Fast for me is going more than 15 kmh on narrow trails or bumpy dirt roads. Or over 25 kmh (moderate pedaling assisting) on flats one direction roads. Or over 30 kmh downhill. That´s what happens with the Tucano Carrera-Once you start pedaling it reaches 15 kmh on flats with 2/3 turns of the pedals, and then getting to 25kmh is a matter of 3/5 seconds. On flats, as I have posted, you "get pedalled" or as Tessie says, you pedal air....

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Hi Poppy,

I would love to take your Tucano Carrera in exchange for some peanuts, it's a machine I would like to own.

BUT!!

Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain to Swindon UK: 2136 Km, about 20 hours driving.
Not that bad!!

All the best Poppy

Bob
Hey Bob, just in case you go suddenly crazy and wake up one morning and start driving for 20 hours, by peanuts I mean bargaining from 250 euros upwards ha ha. It has a slightly twisted crank -from the tumble- which I didn´t bother to take to the shop (you can ride the bike, nonetheless, and is easily repairable). I coughed up 1150 euros for it last December with 6 months of use and about 1500 km.

Patsy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2008
Tucano Carrera

Hi

I live in Spain and would also be interested in the above bike how much would you want for it what are the details

Patsy

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Hi

I live in Spain and would also be interested in the above bike how much would you want for it what are the details

Patsy
Hi Patsy! It´s nice to hear from a fellow countryman/woman. You can look up the specs of the bike on WWWTucanobikes and WWW Ecytim. Bought it last December, 6 months of use, 1500 km more or less. It has a twisted crank -as a result of my fall but easy to mend-that doesn´t keep me from riding it. No other problems with the bike.I don´t use it anymore because after my fall it scares me a bit. Now I ride a BH Pnasonic. I haven´t made up my mind yet about its selling price. I know these things get depreciated but even so... I paid for it in mid December 1150 euros. Any way I am not selling it for less than 400 euros and it would have to be picked up at my house with no charge to me.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Re: Blew it & Urban Puma:

The photo was taken from The Electric Transport Shop who are selling the Synergie Mistral for £800. See here -

Electric Bike Sales - Shop Online for Electric Bikes, Electric Vehicles and Cycle Accessories - Mistral

Here's what they say, the maroon version looks like:

-----------

After reading the best sales pitch E-V-E-R by Poppy up above, about her experiences on board the Carrera, (especially the post about it being 'too fast'; so she fell of it) - I don't want a Tucano Carrera!

- No, I don't want one! . I JUST GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!

Last edited:

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Re: Blew it & Urban Puma:

The photo was taken from The Electric Transport Shop who are selling the Synergie Mistral for £800. See here -

Electric Bike Sales - Shop Online for Electric Bikes, Electric Vehicles and Cycle Accessories - Mistral

Here's what they say, the maroon version looks like:

-----------

After reading the best sales pitch E-V-E-R by Poppy up above, about her experiences on board the Carrera, (especially the post about it being 'too fast'; so she fell of it) - I don't want a Tucano Carrera!

- No, I don't want one! . I JUST GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!
Hi Danny! Just to let you know that, despite my username, I am not a woman. I know I know, it´s a silly nick for a 59 year old male....
Well, I am not sure if your post is some kind of joke ...but the truth is that the Tucano is really fast.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
http://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=589

I remember Poppy's posted explanation for that nickname, his son's idea of a joke, I suppose derived from Pop.

It might be an idea for you to sign in again to the site with another name V-----e, saving you from more embarassment.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Okay Poppy; understood - sorry about that, flower.

(Yes, I am joking, look - :) :) :) )

P.S. Now I stop and think about it, I do recall a recent thread in which Flecc referred to you in the masculine.

- Just don't go calling me Danii in revenge :)

Last edited:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
....buy machines like this in Britain?.

Hub motor looks a bit of a lump, but how about the backsweep on those handlebars.

And will you just look at that colour scheme!!!.

Thats what I call a head turner!!
Sorry don't like it :eek:
My Wisper has the 2 position handle bar which works real well and will adjust to what you want on any particular ride.
I really don't like those handle bars pointing forward on that bike as looks a bit naff and looks like what you would find on an old ladies shopper bike.
Sorry just my opinion :D :D

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
gears...?

Fast for me is going more than 15 kmh on narrow trails or bumpy dirt roads. Or over 25 kmh (moderate pedaling assisting) on flats one direction roads. Or over 30 kmh downhill. That´s what happens with the Tucano Carrera-Once you start pedaling it reaches 15 kmh on flats with 2/3 turns of the pedals, and then getting to 25kmh is a matter of 3/5 seconds. On flats, as I have posted, you "get pedalled" or as Tessie says, you pedal air....
Poppy,

please could you tell us what gears you have ?

'pedalling air' at 25 Kmh sounds like limited ratios, know what this is like and it does leave you feeling 'out of control' and working too hard.

did you look inside the controller box at all ? there is often a variable resistor 'screw' that might turn down the bite on the motor ?