Why can't we......

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Okay Poppy; understood - sorry about that, flower.

(Yes, I am joking, look - :) :) :) )

P.S. Now I stop and think about it, I do recall a recent thread in which Flecc referred to you in the masculine.

- Just don't go calling me Danii in revenge :)
No offence Danny. Pretty understandable your mistake. I for one would make it. It goes to show that you can´t always tell the gender from your writing style, which in my case is more difficult given that English is not my native tongue.
And Danny, I assure you that the bike is really fast-Teenagers that have tried it love it. Old timers like me don´t like it all that much: they feel impelled and they aren´t confortable with the motor´s inertia.
PS. My father was a fan of Danny Kaye.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
The "Tucano Carrera"

Alloy frame
Souhzou bafang 250W motor
Phylion 36V 10 ah Lithium
Shimano 7 speed Mega-range
Disc brakes all round.

The control system is the same as early 905's, red & green buttons on the left, red button on the right.

DANNY

If you want one... kindly form an orderly quew.... BEHIND ME!!!

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
all electric bikes are ugly......(yes even my much loved Agattu, although i do admire its rugged germanic capability)

The dutchy stylee ones are nicer but still arent pretty. Although I swear thats why the sparta is soooo popular.

Lets face it we'll never make a good electric bike that looks like a Bianchi, so manufacturers should try thiking about design a bit. Type 'classic bicycles' into google. I reckon the US 20s-50s US classic bikes would make a good design base for an electric bike. Big frames that can hold batteries or luggage, yet still look great.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
all electric bikes are ugly......(yes even my much loved Agattu, although i do admire its rugged germanic capability)

The dutchy stylee ones are nicer but still arent pretty. Although I swear thats why the sparta is soooo popular.

Lets face it we'll never make a good electric bike that looks like a Bianchi, so manufacturers should try thiking about design a bit. Type 'classic bicycles' into google. I reckon the US 20s-50s US classic bikes would make a good design base for an electric bike. Big frames that can hold batteries or luggage, yet still look great.
I dunno, I actually think my Wisper is a good looking machine and sure is pretty now I have had it sprayed pastle pink!
Only kidding Wisper :D
No honestly though I do think it is a nice looking bike compared to my old PowaByke which was/is (rusting in garden) an ugly machine in comparrison.
Although it was a good bike at the time and am not knocking it :)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess :D

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
CONFUSED kMH OR MPH?

but Poppy, just a couple of days ago you told us:

"Oh f*** it, guys! What am I doing in this forum with my measly 17 kmh as average speed....on flats?"

....so how fast is too fast....exactly.
Hi Beeping and Poppy

I am confused as everyone seems to be stating KMH and I am only used to MPH really :D
17 KMH is only equivelent to 10.563 MPH after doing a quick conversion using the net and that is real slow or was the KMH a typo error?
Poppy if you are going at that speed you can't really get much slower on a leccy bike :confused:
Regards

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Hi Beeping and Poppy

I am confused as everyone seems to be stating KMH and I am only used to MPH really :D
17 KMH is only equivelent to 10.563 MPH after doing a quick conversion using the net and that is real slow or was the KMH a typo error?
Poppy if you are going at that speed you can't really get much slower on a leccy bike :confused:
Regards
Hi Mandy! Nice hearing from you. You are right, with a Wispe I can´t ride that slowly. But with my Panasonic I do it all the time.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
... is only equivelent to 10.563 MPH after doing a quick conversion using the net and that is real slow ... you can't really get much slower on a leccy bike :confused:
Regards
Oh I dunno; I take it you've not been on a Salisbury LPX then? :)

Last edited:

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
slower.....?

Hi Beeping and Poppy

Regards

Hi Mandy,

yes, you can get a little slower, at least i can, if i point the bike up a a steep hill and i don't pedal, i can get down to 8.6 mph,

can see this turning into a version of the ebikers 'limbo-dance'....

i think the trouble with Poppys' bike ( nice looking machine by the way Poppy) is the pickup speed, 0-25kph in about 4 seconds, this is quick ... my own setup goes 0-15 MPH in around 8 seconds with me pulling hard or 22 seconds using motor only.

it may be possible to modify this fast take-up at the controller stage, or a new controller plus new pedelec ring & sensor with variable resistor about £35

Poppy is right to go with a machine he is comfortable & confident with.

beeps

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Hi Mandy,

yes, you can get a little slower, at least i can, if i point the bike up a a steep hill and i don't pedal, i can get down to 8.6 mph,

can see this turning into a version of the ebikers 'limbo-dance'....

i think the trouble with Poppys' bike ( nice looking machine by the way Poppy) is the pickup speed, 0-25kph in about 4 seconds, this is quick ... my own setup goes 0-15 MPH in around 8 seconds with me pulling hard or 22 seconds using motor only.

it may be possible to modify this fast take-up at the controller stage, or a new controller plus new pedelec ring & sensor with variable resistor about £35

Poppy is right to go with a machine he is comfortable & confident with.

beeps
Thanks, that´s a pal!

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Hi Mandy! Nice hearing from you. You are right, with a Wispe I can´t ride that slowly. But with my Panasonic I do it all the time.

Hi Poppy

Sorry I missed your post :eek:
I hope you are keeping well and your new bike suits you.
Don't go taking any more tumbles as I worry about you and the amount you have had :D
Mind you I nearly took a tumble last week one morning on entering my works underground car park at speed down the ramp and there was a car coming out :eek: Never happened before, lol!
I managed an emergency brake, a little skid but managed to stay on, just! :eek: Did unnerve me but laughed about it afterwards and turned out the person in the car had left her mobile at home and was returning home to get it!
Well that'll teach me for not expecting the unexpected, lol!
Take Care