Why Ride Rad?

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
Would we be having the same conversation if I had changed my Radrunner's 35amp controller? I'm not so sure - but i understand more people upgrade the 35a controller rather than fit the Eggrider - choice I suppose?

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
The eggrider can be configured to cut the throttle off at 6 kph.

Here is the user manual for the eggrider used on the Rad which has a Lishui controller.

The off road profile however is not UK compliant, but it looks like the off road mode can be locked out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Az.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Would we be having the same conversation if I had changed my Radrunner's 35amp controller? I'm not so sure - but i understand more people upgrade the 35a controller rather than fit the Eggrider - choice I suppose?
Changing controller is a legal way to increase torque. More Amps means more Power.

...but we would be having different conversation as changing controller would raise some red flags. 35A is a lot... at least for cheap generic battery. Rad does not provide much information on battery they use which strongly suggest no name cells. 35A might be pushing battery to its limits.

Sorry for being a party pooper. How about a compromise? I will say your bike is cool, when you make it legal ;)

Reactions: Peran

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
Changing controller is a legal way to increase torque. More Amps means more Power.

...but we would be having different conversation as changing controller would raise some red flags. 35A is a lot... at least for cheap generic battery. Rad does not provide much information on battery they use which strongly suggest no name cells. 35A might be pushing battery to its limits.

Sorry for being a party pooper. How about a compromise? I will say your bike is cool, when you make it legal ;)
Az. - We have a deal!
Ride Rad

• Agree
Reactions: Az.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
I think most of us don’t understand what the eggrider can do. From what I can see from the manual, it can be set up to be UK compliant.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Correct - that was before I ventured out to see what I could acheive
OK.. that would make a massive difference. If your range is 25 miles as you said, then you need to buy AA golden insurance policy called " I am a celebrity, get me out of here".

If your range is in fact 50 miles, then I like your bike much more.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
OK.. that would make a massive difference. If your range is 25 miles as you said, then you need to buy AA golden insurance policy called " I am a celebrity, get me out of here".

If your range is in fact 50 miles, then I like your bike much more.
It isn't 50 miles. I'd be surprised if it did much more than 35 miles without pedalling. The owner has no way of knowing when the battery is half full without a wattmeter. The LCD and/or Eggrider are non-linear, so give a false impression.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I'd be surprised if it did much more than 35 miles without pedalling. .
I hope Peran won't find out range the hard way. It must be terrible to pedal this thing without assistance.

Peran - just to clarify, did you buy display only or display and controller?

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
It isn't 50 miles. I'd be surprised if it did much more than 35 miles without pedalling. The owner has no way of knowing when the battery is half full without a wattmeter. The LCD and/or Eggrider are non-linear, so give a false impression.
I wouldn't only use the throttle, not interested, has to be PAS, don't go higher than PAS3 ever, what would be the point of not pedaling?

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
I hope Peran won't find out range the hard way. It must be terrible to pedal this thing without assistance.

Peran - just to clarify, did you buy display only or display and controller?
Hi Az. - When I bought my Radrunner, it came with a 35amp controller, and the standard display (non LCD) i upgraded to the new LCD display shortly afterwards which gave me more info on my mileage etc: it did not increase torque or speed, made it easier to read was probably the best feature of it, later I did my research on the Eggrider v2, and then purchased it from Big Game Bikes.

Ride Rad

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I wouldn't only use the throttle, not interested, has to be PAS, don't go higher than PAS3 ever, what would be the point of not pedaling?
That doesn't change my opinion. You'll be lucky to get 35 miles. You can't change the laws of physics by wishful thinking, otherwise we'd all be using Swytch kits.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My feeling is if the bike originally had a 35a controller then the bike certainly isn't rated for 250w .
Would be interesting to know the battery continuous discharge rating .

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
It looks like it has a G062 1000 watt motor. The motor cable is coming out on the brake disk side.

G060 motors have the cable coming out of the chain side.