Will a Tongsheng Tsdz2 fit on this full suspension decathlon bike?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Yes it will fit mine has a bafang bbs, the battery is a hard thing to get in the triangle
this is a large frame with a custom battery pack previous build IMG_20220115_152935_625.jpg was an xl frame

Rt3005

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2022
Is the tight fit battery an issue to be avoided or are you happy with it overall? Thanks a lot for the input and photos.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The cost issue and build time of the custom pack on the large frame are a concern its a 20ah with 21700 cells
But the xl frame will take a standard hailong pack without a problem but the jumbo shark that i used with the bbshd takes a bit of work and thought

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
ST 540 S

Hi. I was wondering if I could save on the cost of their two full suspension mtbs by putting a tongsheng motor on that bike?
  • I'm wondering why you're choosing the TSDZ2 over a BBSxx?
  • I'm a TSDZ2 fan but I don't do mountain biking - just local rides along country lanes.
  • mountain biking is a much harsher environment - jumps, standing on the pedals, powering up hills and so forth.
  • I'm not saying the TSDZ2 is not up to that - I simply don't know, but reports of TSDZ2 problems such as overheating and broken chainring axles seem to come from harsher riders rather than the country lane riders like me.
  • I'm genuinly interested in your choice and thinking as I'm still trying to get to grips as to why some people experience motor problems whilst others don't.

Rt3005

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2022
That's interesting. I just liked the idea of the torque sensor. I am actually totally new to suspension bikes, my other bike is an aluminium road bike.

I just the full suspension route for comfort really, its more trails that I want to do.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
I just liked the idea of the torque sensor.
Me too - the torque sensor option is what sold the TSDZ2 for me.

So when you trawl the internet and YouTube and find the problems people can have with the TSDZ2, also see how they may have been using their motor - some 250lb guy with his 750w 52v battery doing jumps on a hot day or a leisurely ride at something less powerful.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Removed the shock and many test fits used masking tape to mark the point it would just fit then tightened the base down the top bracket held it in place

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Turn the battery around
The battery wires should exit at the other end the cage rivnuts are in the wrong place need to be repositioned or as i did re drill the base of the battery and added extra at the top .ps most stand bits have now gone on the large frame forks shock seat post etc will post some newer pics
The xl was built on a new frame only purchase and scratch built

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Thats an up grade radion that was in the junk box:rolleyes:. Just fitted new twin air shock DNM AOY 36 RC190mm in the large frame and 120mm travel air forks
The only standard decathlon bit left is the frame :eek:

Rt3005

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2022
I'm wondering if they changed the geometry slightly. I dont see how i can fit the battery in without a shock like the one in your pics. Mine is the other way around and the pins are different, a lug and the valve are in the way of the battery.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Just turned the shock around yes used the standard battery base on the XL the battery fit took about a week to work out and once the top mount under the shock mount was fitted the battery could not be removed with out tools
The large frame required a custom battery and mounts