Winter safety. Dark nights, lights, tips and tricks.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I got around to changing the batteries today. The video still doesn't really do it justice. I'll try another camera next time. Although, what do you want for a quid? The statue of liberty! :D

DSC00850.JPG

Terry1100

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2014
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Terry1100

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2014
They do make dobbin stuff - for horse and rider

Terry1100

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2014
I don't do any sizes - I'm merely a (very) satisfied customer.

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
For anyone who wants one the Kickstarter (which has about 30 hours to run as I type this) looks brilliant. You can pledge £65 for a jacket in one of five colours they're producing which is a 50% discount on the regular retail price. I almost wish I cycled at night!

I'd consider getting a doggy coat in this material Terry. :)
Contact them and suggest it as a new product in their range - sounds like the sort of thing they'd consider.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

I have a normal padded yellow reflective jacket, which is really warm for winter riding. It lights up so well at night time that it's scary; however, its a different matter in the daytime. I very rarely have problems with people pulling out on me or trying to run me down in the day-time when I'm waring normal clothes, but it's a different matter when I put on that jacket. It's like an invisibility cloak. People come at me from every angle as soon as I set off.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
;)
I have a normal padded yellow reflective jacket, which is really warm for winter riding. It lights up so well at night time that it's scary; however, its a different matter in the daytime. I very rarely have problems with people pulling out on me or trying to run me down in the day-time when I'm waring normal clothes, but it's a different matter when I put on that jacket. It's like an invisibility cloak. People come at me from every angle as soon as I set off.
They must recognise you d8veho_O

• :D
Reactions: IR772

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
See and be seen as they say... at what point do lights become too bright for road use?
Slightly off topic here.. I have suffered with migraine for the last 30 years or so.. not headaches but ocular migrain which manifest as a small area in my vision that goes blank and is surrounded by flashing zig zag lights which grows larger until it covers 2/3 of what I can see.. for about 20 mins I am out of action. Doctor says there must be a trigger but we can't find it. Yesterday I was driving to local hospital and passed a cyclist who had the most astonishingly bright flashing red light I have ever seen and I glanced straight at it. As the after image began to fade it turned into one of my visual disturbances which then grew to make me almost blind for half an hour.
There isn't a safety issue with driving as the loss of vision process is really slow and it's quite common as well .
So it looks like I have found my trigger but what other medical conditions could flashing a bright light bring on?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
led tvs can also do it my m8 gets headache after 30mins as he can see the screen flashing like if you put a camera to it and see the lines.

so he uses a neo geo arcade machine with a crt screen;)

• Informative

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I was disturbed by a Lycra with the most horrendous flashing white front light recently, almost blinded I looked away.

• Informative