Winter Tyres

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I have a bright flashing front light, which often induces pedestrians to look round when they see fluctuating light around them.
I might be wrong, but this level of light or greater flashing the cycle path brightly ahead of your bike, might have given your offending cyclist pause. (2X 1800LM). But I tend to think bright lights and loud horns are solutions to everything :rolleyes:

They had no unlimthiumed

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
That could have been an insurance related incident - I'm never without my camera when cycling, and wish I could use it as a pedestrian to capture some of the madness I see every day. But it's too big :(

Would your bike sporting a sufficiently bright or bright flashing headlight or two, have alerted a pre-offending cyclist to your bike's presence on the cycle path? I keep my 2 X 1800 lumen headlights on day and night, because they help me avoid collisions. They're both set to flashing during the day, as is the ever flashing red 1800 lumen rear light.

These lights are also handy hand warmers.

If you want to burn your house down, buy a cheap light manufactured in China ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you want to burn your house down, buy a cheap light manufactured in China ;)
Not when they're fused ;) The front headlight on the right is a bit dimmer, because it's been on day and night while riding, for a year. As you pointed out, it's cheap to replace. :) Effective too. Have you installed your Exposure yet?

Last edited: