Wisper 905 Torque repairs

Gerryor97

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 3, 2022
Hi, I’m new to the E-Bike scene here in Ireland and need a lot of advice to get one sorted. A relative passed away and this bike was part of the personnel items we gathered up.
I got a Wisper 905 Torque E-Bike which was slightly damaged and the Samsung 575 battery was completely ruined. (I dismantled it as I intend to purchase a new or reconditioned battery if possible.) I will attach a few pictures and hopefully someone can advise me the best way to get this bike back on the road for you own use.
1. How can I check out the electrical system before I purchase a replacement battery.
2. Will I have to get original battery or are ther cheaper alternatives out there.
3. Can the throttle be swapped to the Right Hand Side (disability on left hand, i drove a motorcycle for years NO bother.)
Hope someone can help me out as I would like to start to use this bike daily.

Attachments

Gerryor97

Oct 3, 2022
Hi, I read a few threads here and it was very interesting that others are willing to give good advice on this stuff. Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
In eire or N.I a throttle is illegal so one coul dbe prosecuted for motoring offences.

Electrically one needs a battery for testing functionality.

The bike will work with any generic 36v two wire battery connection.
Whether one will find an exact style battery to fit depends on the case type.

Cells have been water damaged or leaked, the bubbled wrinkled wraps show that the affected ones are scrap.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the display is damaged wisper bikes will have replacements.

Gerryor97

Oct 3, 2022
Is it possible to use an alternative 36v battery to test, check out the controls and electronics, as review’s for this E-Bike are very good.

Gerryor97

Oct 3, 2022
Is it possible to use an alternative 36v battery to test, check out the controls and electronics.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
as long as the voltage is the same as the one that came off it then yes and dont keep that batt inside either.

Gerryor97

Oct 3, 2022
Thanks for the reply’s, I am making a list and hope to make contact with Wisper UK regarding parts as the supplier close to me in Ireland is very expensive even after the currency and tax and postage costs added on.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi, I’m new to the E-Bike scene here in Ireland and need a lot of advice to get one sorted. A relative passed away and this bike was part of the personnel items we gathered up.
I got a Wisper 905 Torque E-Bike which was slightly damaged and the Samsung 575 battery was completely ruined. (I dismantled it as I intend to purchase a new or reconditioned battery if possible.) I will attach a few pictures and hopefully someone can advise me the best way to get this bike back on the road for you own use.
1. How can I check out the electrical system before I purchase a replacement battery.
2. Will I have to get original battery or are ther cheaper alternatives out there.
3. Can the throttle be swapped to the Right Hand Side (disability on left hand, i drove a motorcycle for years NO bother.)
Hope someone can help me out as I would like to start to use this bike daily.
Hi

If you are in need of any advice please email support@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the voltage of the batt when fully charged is 42v.

Gerryor97

Oct 3, 2022
Ok, I thought it was 36v, as I am looking at purchasing a Yose 36v 13Ah battery.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they put 36v on all the batts but when fully charged there 42v and why the charger is 42v ;)

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Ok, I thought it was 36v, as I am looking at purchasing a Yose 36v 13Ah battery.
Batteries have a nominal voltage (eg 36v). When fully charged they are a lot higher (eg 42v) and when nearing empty a lot lower (eg 30v).

The charger for a 36v battery is thus around 42v. The battery management system in the battery will turn off when the battery gets near 30v to protect the battery from permanent damage.

There is some voltage sag as significant current is drawn from the battery (eg hill); that can be several volts. Those values are the battery not under load. So if you have a battery at say 34v and take full load up a hill it might drop 4v to 30v, and cause the BMS to cut out. It's just one of the sad facts of battery chemistry that when you are tired near the end of a ride so is the battery, and might cut out even when at the bottom of the hill the battery indicator was still showing plenty of oomph.

Gerryor97

Oct 3, 2022
Thanks for that, really good information from these threads for a novice E-Biker

Gerryor97

Oct 3, 2022
Tried out the charger and everything seems to work good. Thanks, was trying to figure out how to test electrical system before buying a battery.

Given the charger at 42v and 2Ah powered at 80+Watts. Motor drives at 4Km on display, so more Watts will give more speed. Hopefully a 36Volt-13Ah = 360Watts, battery will give more speed. 15km per hour would be ideal.

What would be a good priced battery on the market to suit.