Wisper 905se sport.......Brakes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks

Thanks Andrew, I have been at the show so have not spoken to Norman yet.

As you can imagine, we are extraordinarily concerned about Thunder's problems. The brakes have been performing very well on the 2009 bikes and this is maybe the first problem I have heard of. Norman may have dealt with problems I have not been involved with.

I am desperately trying to find out if anyone else has experienced anything similar to Thunder's problem.

We have issued instructions to all our dealers to clean the disc surfaces prior to delivery. This is now taking place in the factory prior to packing new bikes.

All the best David

Thunder457

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2009
905se brakes

Have replied to David and Normans response to Possible braking failure. Awaiting reply.

I should add that if you do replace the brakes in any form you may invalidate your warranty...Be WARNED

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Have replied to David and Normans response to Possible braking failure. Awaiting reply.

I should add that if you do replace the brakes in any form you may invalidate your warranty...Be WARNED
My bike is out of warranty anyway and Wisper are still helping with the faults. I don't think they will be unreasonable about warranty requests unless of course you bodge the installation and get charged labour to put it right, if you're worried about that then get your retailer to do the work.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Answer from Ettore Bugatti when one of his racing drivers complained about the poor brakes on his race car:

"My cars are designed to go, not to stop!" :D

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Warrantee

Hi Thunder

Changing the brakes will only effect the warrantee on the brakes if they are not our replacements. This will not effect the warrantee on the rest of the bike.

All the best David

wibble

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2008
I bought my Wisper in 2008 and the brakes were awful. It was a well known issue with the Wisper back then. There's a couple of forum topics on the problem.

To solve the problem I first replaced the brake cables and that helped a little, then later I replaced the brake levers and that helped a lot. Turns out the old Wisper brake levers were partly plastic - the part that the lever attaches too. So obviously as you squeezed the brake the plastic section would obviously just bend.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Brakes

I bought my Wisper in 2008 and the brakes were awful. It was a well known issue with the Wisper back then. There's a couple of forum topics on the problem.

To solve the problem I first replaced the brake cables and that helped a little, then later I replaced the brake levers and that helped a lot. Turns out the old Wisper brake levers were partly plastic - the part that the lever attaches too. So obviously as you squeezed the brake the plastic section would obviously just bend.
Hi Wibble thanks for pointing this out for me.

If anyone has a 2008 with the old plastic brake component, please remember we are offering free replacement irrespective of warrantee.

All the best David