Wisper 906cx Tourer images

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Here at last is the final publicity shot for the 906xc Tourer. As you can see we have chosen a smaller pedal for this bike. Any comments re pedal size? Yes I know size does not matter!! :D

They will be in the shops next week.

906xc pedal 100.jpg

906xc 1 100.jpg

All the best

David

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Blimey...That carbon detail looks beautiful.

Just can't imagine leaving it locked up anywhere I would be to nervous:)

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
I have to say that is a good looking bike, is it all carbon fibre frame? or is that a totally idiotic question.

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Looks the bees knees and the dogs danglies! Like with Eddie, I wouldn't dare leave it in the bike shed at work

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I have to say that is a good looking bike, is it all carbon fibre frame? or is that a totally idiotic question.
"Hand built Carbon Alloy frame, Lacquered carbon finish"

its a mix...thin alloy frame covered in carbon. Having second thoughts?lol

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
"Hand built Carbon Alloy frame, Lacquered carbon finish"

its a mix...thin alloy frame covered in carbon. Having second thoughts?lol
Nah but it's a damn fine looking machine and I'm a nosey beggar. And I dooo rather like carbon fibre and titanium, it goes back to making the motor bikes lighter *lol*

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
It's a nice looking bike, sexy chainwheel, well done David.

I'm puzzled, if it's a thin Alu frame covered in CF, does this make it an Alu framed bike? Does the CF provide any structural component? Does it add strength to the frame?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Great finish David, should attract loads of attention everywhere.

I'm puzzled, if it's a thin Alu frame covered in CF, does this make it an Alu framed bike? Does the CF provide any structural component? Does it add strength to the frame?
David has confirmed previously that both the thinwall alloy frame and carbon fibre are structural, increasing frame strength over alloy only. It's already been well tried on some exotic unpowered bikes.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Which shops will it end up in? Is there anywhere I could try one in London?

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
I think that technique has come straight from the airline industry, only they use glass fibres instead of carbon fibres.. I believe they used it for the skin on the Airbus A380. In the airline industry it's known as GLARE (GLAss-Reinforced fibre metal laminate)

Both materials re-inforce each other to produce a laminate which is far stronger than either material would be on it's own.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Carbon Matrix

I am absolutely delighted you approve!! :D

I will publish a list of dealers that have the bike available to try later next week.

I have had mine for a few weeks now and even though a tad biased :p , I love it!

Here is the blurb from our new brochure that will be available in about 4 weeks.

The new Carbon Matrix Wisper 906xc frame is technologically the finest available. Developed by the aerospace industry for aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing and Airbus, Carbon Matrix enables engineers to use less heavy aluminium in the construction of hi tech metal frame works. By using a thinner walled alloy tube then wrapping with carbon fibre, utilising a patented process with a 3M ceramic bonding material, we achieve a 25% stronger and 30% lighter frame. The patented Carbon Matrix system adopted by Wisper is the last word in frame technology enhancing the riding experience and improving rider safety.

All the best

David :)

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Just got this message when trying to access your website David. Presumably because it is a bit popular at the moment.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

PS I tried your website from the banner on the side and get this message -does work from the banner on the top. So presumably one banner is pointing to the old website.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

By using a thinner walled alloy tube then wrapping with carbon fibre, utilising a patented process with a 3M ceramic bonding material, we achieve a 25% stronger and 30% lighter frame. The patented Carbon Matrix system adopted by Wisper is the last word in frame technology enhancing the riding experience and improving rider safety.

All the best

David
Pretty bike, this cannot be denied, but it would appear from Wisper's website Wisper Bikes England UK, Manufacture Quality Pedelec and Ebike Electric Bicycles with Lithium Ion Polymer or LifePo4 Phosphate Batteries to be the same weight as the 905se, and presumably, with the 14Ah battery give the same performance, but cost £1000 more:confused:

Personally, I would save a grand and go for the 905se, better still an Ezee Forza (as ridden by Conal and Suzi Perry:cool: ), Torq or Sprint GTS;)

J:) hn

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Not simply the frame!

Hi Aldby thanks for your comments, indeed it is a pretty bike!

The Carbon Matrix frame is more about frame rigidity, strength and of course looks than the .5 kilos we save on a 24kg bike.

Re the difference in price, although the bike is more expensive because of this superb frame, you also have to take into account the following upgrades on the 905 series;

250W Dapush system with diagnostics (504W maximum output)

Magnesium air shocks that can be pumped up to suit the individual weight of the rider

Lock out on the suspension with 6 levels of adjustment all available from the remote control on the handlebars

Shimano Alfine 8 hub gear box

Shimano Alfine disc brakes

Pure carbon seat post, handle bars and bottle holder

CNC drive wheel and pedals

Upgraded Alexrim disc brake wheels

Etc

The bike has been built to appeal to customers who want the ultimate hub drive electric bike. You do have a good point though, the 905se's are superb value for under £1500 and of course you can still buy a 905eco for £999.

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Just got this message when trying to access your website David. Presumably because it is a bit popular at the moment.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

PS I tried your website from the banner on the side and get this message -does work from the banner on the top. So presumably one banner is pointing to the old website.
Thanks Harry, yes we have been having an incredible number of hits recently we will have to expand the bandwidth.

Best regards

David

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
I will publish a list of dealers that have the bike available to try later next week.

David :)
For London could you consider Biccicleta in London as they tend to answer the phone and are open at reasonably convenient days and times.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Pretty bike, this cannot be denied, but it would appear from Wisper's website Wisper Bikes England UK, Manufacture Quality Pedelec and Ebike Electric Bicycles with Lithium Ion Polymer or LifePo4 Phosphate Batteries to be the same weight as the 905se, and presumably, with the 14Ah battery give the same performance, but cost £1000 more

Personally, I would save a grand and go for the 905se, better still an Ezee Forza (as ridden by Conal and Suzi Perry, Torq or Sprint GTS

I think it is more then just a pretty bike:rolleyes: ......It looks extremely robust, oozes quality and is unlike any other bike on the UK market IMO.

Because of UK law no e bike is going to perform radically differently then another, and I agree re 905 v 906 as this is my dilemma at the moment.... Can I justify the cost with my usage. if I was commuting it would be a no brainer I would go for the 906.

As for the price difference 905 v 906 its pretty obvious to me just looking at the two bikes where the money is, they are very different:confused:

Kalkhoff bikes have a similar price differential in their range, all quality manufacturers do, it all surely depends on spec........

C

Cyclezee

The Carbon Matrix frame is more about frame rigidity, strength and of course looks than the .5 kilos we save on a 24kg bike.

David,
In you previous post you said the frame was 30% lighter, I assume you meant in comparison to the 905, but now it is only 500gm. Can we have some accurate figures please:confused:

Also isn't it time you offered Wisper bikes to be tested by AtoB so that people have an unbiased assessment;)

Last edited by a moderator: