Wisper 906cx Tourer images

Xcytronex

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2009
David,
In you previous post you said the frame was 30% lighter, I assume you meant in comparison to the 905, but now it is only 500gm. Can we have some accurate figures please:confused:

Also isn't it time you offered Wisper bikes to be tested by AtoB so that people have an unbiased assessment;)

J:) hn
AtoB never appear[ to me] to be totally unbiased -they are all strong cyclists-in many ways Wisper have built up their customer base the hard way- through reputation.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
AtoB never appear[ to me] to be totally unbiased -they are all strong cyclists-in many ways Wisper have built up their customer base the hard way- through reputation.
I agree, there are some clear biases which sadly do affect the opinions expressed. We still lack a truly impartial and authoritive test source, the Extra Energy tests also being far from adequate.

Xcytronex

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2009
I agree, there are some clear biases which sadly do affect the opinions expressed. We still lack a truly impartial and authoritive test source, the Extra Energy tests also being far from adequate.
Yes-seeing the individual assets of different makes -and appreciating them for what they provide-seems almost to be against human nature at times.
Far easier to have seperate camps ! The only solution -find a Mk. 1 Torq !!!

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
For London could you consider Biccicleta in London as they tend to answer the phone and are open at reasonably convenient days and times.
Hi Harry

They are a Wisper dealer, I assume they will be taking on the xc Tourer, Douglas deals with UK sales he will let me know the full list of dealers taking the bike on as soon as they land.

I am pretty sure ETS will take them.

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I know there have been some unfortunate comments made on some bikes in A to B but I think they call it as it is and I have absolutely no worries about their honesty.

I have tried several times to make a date to take one of our bikes over but for one reason an other we have not managed it.

David has said he would like to review a newer bike so I think I will wait until I have an 806Alpino here being both folding and electric and take it down to him to try.

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
David,
In you previous post you said the frame was 30% lighter, I assume you meant in comparison to the 905, but now it is only 500gm. Can we have some accurate figures please:confused:

Also isn't it time you offered Wisper bikes to be tested by AtoB so that people have an unbiased assessment;)

J:) hn
Sorry John, I really must get the frames weighed individually without the rest of the bike hanging on it!

The 30% weight saving was quoted by the frame factory, but as I say the carbon matrix frame is more about strength and image than weight.

All the best

David

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Hi Harry

They are a Wisper dealer, I assume they will be taking on the xc Tourer, Douglas deals with UK sales he will let me know the full list of dealers taking the bike on as soon as they land.

I am pretty sure ETS will take them.

All the best

David

My problem is that ETS are not open every weekday and to be honest I haven't managed to talk to them on the 'phone. However I had long conversation with Biccletta and found them to be very helpful (and open reasonable hours). Just a bit of customer feedback as ETS are in fact much more convenient being on the right side of London for me.

Last edited:

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
My problem is that ETS are not open every weekday and to be honest I haven't managed to talk to them on the 'phone. However I had long conversation with Biccletta and found them to be very helpful (and open reasonable hours). Just a bit of customer feedback as ETS are in fact much more convenient being on the right side of London for me.
this is the exact problem I found with them in Cambridge! That said I think the issue is they are a very lean company staff-wise and share the staff between Cambridge, Oxford and London. They now claim to be contactable at Cambridge by phone during the whole week - perhaps try calling them on the Cambridge number? That said their odd opening hours meant they lost my business for the Wisper (it went to EBD), surely the amount of sales they lose would have paid for extra staff by now?

its a shame as they seemed to be a decent bunch of lads...

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
its a shame as they seemed to be a decent bunch of lads...
I agree they are very good people...the way they operate is not ideal and a little frustrating, but well worth supporting. nearest wisper dealer to me also:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
David has said he would like to review a newer bike so I think I will wait until I have an 806Alpino here being both folding and electric and take it down to him to try.

All the best

David
Make sure the 806 has a frame latch to keep it closed in the folded position when carried David, or say one is planned. ;)

It's absence on e-folders is a minus point with A to B.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
AQny price for this new bike?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
AQny price for this new bike?
David posted the prices in the "is the 806fe a good idea" thread:

The Alpinos will be with most of our dealers in about 4 weeks now.

Prices

806Alpino £1,400
706Alpino £1,700
906Alpino £1,800

All the best

David
British Electric Bicycle Association Member

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
David posted the prices in the "is the 806fe a good idea" thread:

The Alpinos will be with most of our dealers in about 4 weeks now.

Prices

806Alpino £1,400
706Alpino £1,700
906Alpino £1,800

All the best

David
British Electric Bicycle Association Member
Thanks Flecc