Wisper Alpino photos (warning: large page download)

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Not the Alpino, but with the same components:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
love the folder, LOVE the 36 volt battery as mentioned,16 gears and 36 volts, cant get no better then that:)

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
love the folder, LOVE the 36 volt battery as mentioned,16 gears and 36 volts, cant get no better then that:)
8 hub gears (Shimano Alfine) ... I think.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I dunno, uses the same mudguards as the Alien! LOL! :D

Lovely looking bike!

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
The front brake disc looks like it's the wrong way round, look at the spokes on the back one and note the direction they are angled in. when the brakes are applied the turning force tries to expand the outer ring and holds the disc's shape. The front one is reversed and turning forces will try to shrink the outer ring causing it to buckle. The front one is more substantial so I expect this has been taken into account, anyone know why it's been done like that?

1967geezer

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2009
Maidenhead, UK
The 8-speed alfine rear hubs are brilliant, my ridgeback nemesis has one. Almost silent in operation and very easy to adjust. No more ticktickniknikclickclickclicktickticknikniktingtingting as you ride down the road in gear number 3.5 ;)

I must say I have gone right off the wisper frame :eek: . When I first got my 2006/07 905 I loved the unique curves in the tubes, but not so much now. Just personal taste, you can't please all of them all of the time.

I wish there was a way to have less visible cabling in the handlebar area on electric bikes, but that's the nature of the beast.

What I would REALLY like to see is a 806/906 hybrid, ie have the 806 battery arrangement on the 906. This would shorten the 906 wheelbase (I struggle to get my 906 through some of our local bike gates), and make it look a lot more like a regular bike. Of course, this would require some frame re-engineering, with shorter seatstays and chainstays, but I think the bike would look a whole lot better for it. The fact that you would also end up with a smaller capacity battery is worth it I think.

But, having said that, I'm sure these bikes will be best sellers, and rightly so.

Chris.

Last edited:

1967geezer

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2009
Maidenhead, UK
The front brake disc looks like it's the wrong way round, look at the spokes on the back one and note the direction they are angled in. when the brakes are applied the turning force tries to expand the outer ring and holds the disc's shape. The front one is reversed and turning forces will try to shrink the outer ring causing it to buckle. The front one is more substantial so I expect this has been taken into account, anyone know why it's been done like that?
It looks a bit like a nexave roller cooling fin fitted with a disc caliper :confused:

Chris.

*edit* more pictures here: http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/4349-new-bigger-wisper-way-year.html?highlight=alpino it is a very thick disc...

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The front one is self cleaning. Any braking residues entering the slots and accumulating will tend to be pushed outwards by the pad action and eventually emerge away from the pad outers. If the slots were the other way with any accumulation forced inwards, that would emerge at the pad inners and could work out between pads and disc, affecting the braking.

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I like the seat and 'bar grips on the tourer, may look to upgrade my 905

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
So the cat is out of the bag!

Hi Guys

Well at least you can now see how I have been spending the last 12 months! :)

I was looking forward to the launch in the Spring but I am actually quite delighted that Dan found our swiss dealers site!

This is the Alpino line up less a few tweaks, the front disc is going to be changed to a 180mm model and there are a couple of cosmetic changes. We have had to design and manufacture (have manufactured for us) the new 180mm front disc in the same style as the rear as Dapush only have the smaller one shown.

The 905xc Tourer is in the UK next month, has a considerably higher spec than the Alpinos and is 26 rather than 28" we have 50 coming in and 17 have been pre ordered.

The Alpino's will be here in March and we only have 30 of each on the first container.

If you want to secure either of these bikes I should get your order in quickly as I think they will be pretty well sold out before they land.

I should start talking about the 1006se that we now working on for 2011, the frame will be a first in the industry all carbon matrix, full of high end tec. and very novel battery position, but I wont as Douglas would hang me up by my thumbs!

All the best

David

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008