Wisper eMTB sneak preview

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I made a big error of judgment! An error that was pointed out to me on this thread. The Wisper brand isn't an eMTB brand and in the MTB market that is a huge disadvantage, especially at the high end. It's a little like selling a pair of £200 trainers, as good if not better than Nike but without the Nike branding, same with Apple etc. My error was that I was too ambitious in the numbers I ordered.
Marketing is certainly an odd and hard one to conquer.

Just an example. A while back we swapped over our winter tyres for summer tyres, and bought Alliance. The friend that owns the tyre place where I got them from, said that customers come in and push them aside in favour of Yokohama, despite the fact the Alliance tyres are sitting there with Yokohama stickers on.
A product can be just as good or in your case better than some of the competition, but people seem to be hung up on brand name.

The bike looks very good as a kind of dual purpose gravel/road bike. :)

edit... I don't know if the Shimano system allows for lights to be integrated, but if it does, that could make a very good option.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it went 50mph and had a 1kw batt then id buy it dont matter what the brand is as long as it blows away all the competition :p

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry and the Aussies.

Actually the NZ set up pushes the motor to 300W nominal and no upper speed limit. I've tried my bike on the NZ setting, what a huge difference for so little extra.

Last edited: