Wisper or Gepida

cogs

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2008
You have no rival Tony..............except there is more sex in the bible;)

Congratulations, where would Pedelec be without you:eek:

J:) hn
Not wishing to offend, but there is also far more ****** in the bible than i have ever read in flecc's offerings!

Still, if it keeps the botherers happy..

Well done on the 14000 flecc. Your practical and knowledgable advice on ebikes has been invaluable as far as I'm concerned.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Amen!:D :D :D :D

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I would go to prestigne if possible and try all of the options available,i see ezee, emotion and kalkhoff as other possibly better options,when derestricted the ezee motor is very powerfull.

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
Well thats the deal done I'm now a Wisper owner

Purchased a 14A 2010 Wisper City S from FreeFlow Bikes Ltd near Glasgow

I decided on the City S over the Sport as the mudguards and rack will come in useful.

Collecting next Wednesday as I've a busy week ahead(getting married on Tuesday:D )

Thanks for all your input

Stumpi

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yeah! great stuff:D I got my new city last week have only been able to have a few short rides around the block due to my back.... but they are a great bike. Did you buy on spec or have you tried one? either way guaranteed enjoyment! lol:)

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
Yeah! great stuff:D I got my new city last week have only been able to have a few short rides around the block due to my back.... but they are a great bike. Did you buy on spec or have you tried one? either way guaranteed enjoyment! lol:)
Sleet and rain here all day today so I declined a test ride but tried it for size and crawled all over the bike taking in all the details

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yes, I got drenched this afternoon in my brief sojourn:rolleyes:

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
whats the deal with green button and twist now for the 2010 models

davidk

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

davidk
still have a throttle but no green button for a while now....can be retro fitted or just de restricted:D (remove white loop cable from front connection box)

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland

davidk
If I heard him correctly Neil at FreeFlow Bikes said the only difference he could see between the 2009 and 2010 City S/Sport models was the colour of the small sticker on the suspension.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

I decided on the City S over the Sport as the mudguards and rack will come in useful.

Collecting next Wednesday as I've a busy week ahead(getting married on Tuesday:D )

Stumpi
Brilliant news, thanks for the business!

I do hope you enjoy the bike, you will find the powerful battery and hi torque motor climbs hills just as well as any crank drive model and of course will help you to continue to climb those hills for longer than bikes with smaller batteries.

There is no difference between the late 09 and early 10 models of the 905eco, Sport and City S bar the livery.

All the best

David

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I use spd pedals which enables me to pedal more evenly as I lift a little on the upward stroke but I can't get away from the fact that more power comes from the down stroke on my good leg. I am in the habit of using a quicker cadence as thats good practice for "normal" cyclists and also makes me smoother.

I wonder if,over time, my uneven pedaling will put stress on the crank. I'm assuming replacing a normal crank would be easier than replacing the crank in a Yamaha/Panasonic bike
Just for info the stress on a crank is uneven for bipeds also due to the chain being on one side, probably not worth worrying about for you. I usually find the drive side bearing wears much quicker, the new Wispers have sealed bearings so should last a long time.

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
the new Wispers have sealed bearings so should last a long time.
ORLY?

This was mentioned a while ago and I was very interested as mine is constantly getting gummed up with sand (though having jammed some o-rings on the spindle they seem to be holding out better this time), can they be retro fitted to a mid 09 sport or is the bottom bracket a different size?

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
ORLY?

This was mentioned a while ago and I was very interested as mine is constantly getting gummed up with sand (though having jammed some o-rings on the spindle they seem to be holding out better this time), can they be retro fitted to a mid 09 sport or is the bottom bracket a different size?
I asked about retrofit to my 08 905 and I don't think it can be done, shame as the cup & cone bearings need a fair bit of attention for high use bikes.

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
where do you get the bits from? I cleaned and re-greased the bearings on mine this weekend (it has already done 1600 miles) and all is working well but eventually things will need replacing. (I guess I need some other tool to get the fixed cup off as the one in my toolkit only fits the adjustable lockring!)

I believe this was supposed to be put on the Wisper website but hasn't happened yet...

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

Stumpi
So you finally gave in:D on two counts:D (notice you got the wisper in before Tuesdays dead line):D
Congrats on both counts mate!

Talk about spoilt for choice in the leg over dept( no pun intended:)

Hope it all goes well on Wednesday (Oh yeh! and on Tuesday:)

Good Luck

Dave

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
where do you get the bits from? I cleaned and re-greased the bearings on mine this weekend (it has already done 1600 miles) and all is working well but eventually things will need replacing. (I guess I need some other tool to get the fixed cup off as the one in my toolkit only fits the adjustable lockring!)

I believe this was supposed to be put on the Wisper website but hasn't happened yet...
Which bits? I get bearings from Wisper but an LBS should be able to match them up, I don't think you'll get sealed bearings to retrofit.
You shouldn't need to remove the fixed cup, all the work is done from the other side.

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
So you finally gave in:D on two counts:D (notice you got the wisper in before Tuesdays dead line):D
Congrats on both counts mate!

Talk about spoilt for choice in the leg over dept( no pun intended:)

Hope it all goes well on Wednesday (Oh yeh! and on Tuesday:)

Good Luck

Dave
The deal is

As many motorbike, ebikes, cycles and I want but only one woman:D

Which I am more than happy with

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
The deal is

As many motorbike, ebikes, cycles and I want but only one woman:D

Which I am more than happy with
Same this end Stumpi " you can get your appetite outside but come home to eat:D