Wisper Wayfarer H7 review

DannyLC

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2021
what a result stared contacting the wisper dealers and found a out and out gentleman at Crown Cycles7b Crown RoadSt Margarets Middlesex TW1 3EJ he has the
WISPER SINGLE CHAIN WHEEL 48T and pedals that i need and is sending them to me to make sure they are right and if right i can contact him and pay electronically for them, now that is what i call a Gentleman this has reinforced my trust in humanity, so hopefully i will be back on the road soon.

Cheers Danny.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Fozziebear40

Jun 20, 2021
Ouch wrong toothed crank, at least it was a chance of a result.
I thought the parts on these bikes would be standard cycle parts, not bespoke? Could you fit another companies parts? Gears, brakes, seat post, handlebars etc?

DannyLC

Sep 2, 2021
I think these are square drive attachments on wisper bikes making them non standard will find out when my drive crank and pedals arrive.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If sq drive cranks they will be a standard tapered sq drive so one can use any generic tapered crank, nothing non standard about them at all.
Sq drive generically replaced the old cotter pin set up we had as kids and is found on all the cheap end bikes and after market mid drive e kits.

Tim@Wisper

Trade Member
May 6, 2021
Hello,
I shall investigate this today and get back to you. We are waiting on delivery of parts at the minute with an ETA of 6th December. However I shall investigate if there is something we can do from here.
All the best
Tim

DannyLC

Sep 2, 2021
Still not had time to sort my trusty steads drive crank yet work is manic the temporary repair i did with JB WELD is still holding upwhen work/call out calms down will do the change.

Cheers Danny.

Tim@Wisper

Trade Member
May 6, 2021
Hello Danny,
I am still chasing to find a part for you. Please email me at tim@wisperbikes.com so we can discuss getting this sorted ASAP.
All the best
Tim

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
Hello

Looking at one of these potentially for my fiancée who isn't the fittest or the most confident on a bike. Also looking at the Wisper 905 torque too but the idea of the step through suits her better.

Few questions if I may. Do all the models come with the four modes, Eco, Sport etc?

From what I've read, they all come with a throttle button too, is that correct? So basically if you hold the thumb throttle down they bike will accelerate to 15mph without pedalling?

Is it worth looking at one second hand do you think? We don't have loads of hills here but she would be using it on tarmac to get to work (4 miles a day) with a slight hill on the way back.

Could she pedal away using one of the more powerful modes without having to use the throttle button?

Many thanks
Marc

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hello

Looking at one of these potentially for my fiancée who isn't the fittest or the most confident on a bike. Also looking at the Wisper 905 torque too but the idea of the step through suits her better.

Few questions if I may. Do all the models come with the four modes, Eco, Sport etc?

From what I've read, they all come with a throttle button too, is that correct? So basically if you hold the thumb throttle down they bike will accelerate to 15mph without pedalling?

Is it worth looking at one second hand do you think? We don't have loads of hills here but she would be using it on tarmac to get to work (4 miles a day) with a slight hill on the way back.

Could she pedal away using one of the more powerful modes without having to use the throttle button?

Many thanks
Marc
Hi Marc, yes they all come with 4 levels of support. And yes the throttle button is there to start the bike off to 4 mph and adjust the power input without having to take your hands off the handle bar grips.

All the best, David

Reactions: Crazylegs1892

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
Hello

Many thanks
Marc
.Marc nm
Hi Marc, yes they all come with 4 levels of support. And yes the throttle button is there to start the bike off to 4 mph and adjust the power input without having to take your hands off the handle bar grips.

All the best, David
Awesome, thank you David.

You rate the bike quite highly then? Will it have ample power to tackle hills etc? Thank you.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
.Marc nm

Awesome, thank you David.

You rate the bike quite highly then? Will it have ample power to tackle hills etc? Thank you.
it’s a good bike Marc but I would say that! It’s got a 43V system which does make it quite powerful, hill climbing depends on the hill and the load, but it will cater for most.

All the best, David

Reactions: Crazylegs1892

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
it’s a good bike Marc but I would say that! It’s got a 43V system which does make it quite powerful, hill climbing depends on the hill and the load, but it will cater for most.

All the best, David
Haha! Was a bit of a daft question to ask you I do apologise lol.

It sounds like a great bike. Ideally we'd like to try one but our local stockist (We Cycle in Conwy) don't have any in stock. Do you have any stockists near Stoke at all as we're in that area midweek?

I'm pretty sure power wise it will be more than sufficient for my other half. Appreciate your help David.

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
Hi David

No worries. I have sent your company and email a few days ago but haven't had a response as of yet. The bike shop is We Cycle in Llandudno Junction.

Many thanks

Marc

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David

No worries. I have sent your company and email a few days ago but haven't had a response as of yet. The bike shop is We Cycle in Llandudno Junction.

Many thanks

Marc
Hi Marc,

Thats strange, yih should have had an answer, which email address did you use?

All the best, David

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
These reviews have made me excited to get one again! Thanks. Crossing everything for delivery this week, no word yet
Get yourself a book on basic maintenance.

Theres always niggles to iron out and having something to reference to saves a lot of frustration. You can use the book to get the approximate remedy, then look for related servicing tasks on you tube to show you exactly how to go about it.
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Get yourself a book on basic maintenance.

Theres always niggles to iron out and having something to reference to saves a lot of frustration. You can use the book to get the approximate remedy, then look for related servicing tasks on you tube to show you exactly how to go about it.
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
Just bought it - thanks £5.30 inc delivery !