Wisper Wayfarer H7 review

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's also illegally free for download, found by file type using Google, or DuckDuckGo.

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
Hi David

Do you have an update on getting the Wayfarer H7 and Torque 905 in to my LBS for a test ride yet at all? I've not heard anything back from you yet.

Thank you.

Marc

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Does the Wayfarer H7 have a torque sensor or Cadence?
Hi Crazylegs,

We use a Cadence sensor with a thumb control Incase it’s needed to boost power while cycling or to get you going from star of needed. It reacts very quickly.

All the best, David

Reactions: Crazylegs1892

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thank you David.

Is the bike responsive like a torque sensor and is it powerful enough for work commutes etc?
Hi Crazy legs, when used in conjunction with the thumb control it’s even more responsive than our TS bikes. You don’t need to pedal to get going. Yes it’s just as powerful as our TS bikes and is perfect for a commute.

All the best, David

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
My fiancée has submitted an application for the Cycle to work scheme today so providing it's approved, she'll be submitting a request for a Wayfarer H7 shortly fingers crossed.

Hopefully her request is approved by work this week.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
Finally picked up the fiancée's Wayfarer H7 today. She rode it back from the LBS, she's very impressed with. Only done two miles in it so far, so minimal mileage but she seemed very impressed.

I took it out for a quick run earlier and I really like it! From early impressions, Eco and Tour modes don't seem to offer a huge amount of assistance I didn't find but then again I was on a slight incline and it was a very short ride I had on it. I took it up a steep hill in Sport mode then Turbo and I can't get over how easily it breezed up the hill and this is a very steep hill I'm talking about here. Really caught me by surprise, very little effort needed. I want one myself now but I knew that would happen lol.

She's hoping to take it along the local estuary path tomorrow and fingers crossed I'll get a proper ride on it in the coming days to get a feel for it through the gears but it certainly is an impressive bike, very solid and the brakes blow my Calibre Bossnut MTB away, feels very comfortable to ride as well. Lovely riding position and very comfortable handlebars too.

I think she's going to really enjoy riding this bike to work on her commute and it's a good one as well for when we take the boys out together. Just need to get a trailer for the twins now.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Finally picked up the fiancée's Wayfarer H7 today. She rode it back from the LBS, she's very impressed with. Only done two miles in it so far, so minimal mileage but she seemed very impressed.

I took it out for a quick run earlier and I really like it! From early impressions, Eco and Tour modes don't seem to offer a huge amount of assistance I didn't find but then again I was on a slight incline and it was a very short ride I had on it. I took it up a steep hill in Sport mode then Turbo and I can't get over how easily it breezed up the hill and this is a very steep hill I'm talking about here. Really caught me by surprise, very little effort needed. I want one myself now but I knew that would happen lol.

She's hoping to take it along the local estuary path tomorrow and fingers crossed I'll get a proper ride on it in the coming days to get a feel for it through the gears but it certainly is an impressive bike, very solid and the brakes blow my Calibre Bossnut MTB away, feels very comfortable to ride as well. Lovely riding position and very comfortable handlebars too.

I think she's going to really enjoy riding this bike to work on her commute and it's a good one as well for when we take the boys out together. Just need to get a trailer for the twins now.
Thanks for the great review! Please let me know how you get on over the weekend?

All the best, David

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
I really like it so far David, when we've had more time on it and gotten used to the bike. I'll feed back with more of a review.

Can I ask what the situation is with the electrics and cleaning the bike? I normally soak my Calibre in Fenwicks Foam cleaner but I'd be a bit worried about cleaning an E-bike?

Many thanks

Marc

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
We've not had much opportunity to get out on the Wayfarer as the weather has been poor and we've got twins as well. The missus also wanted to get out on it properly first to get a feel for the bike before properly using it for work.

We managed yesterday to get a run out about 5 miles, her on the Wayfarer and myself on my Calibre Bossnut MTB. The difference is night and day, she absolutely pissed away from me on the hills no bother, I knew she would tbh but it was effortless for her. She's still getting a feel for it but she really enjoyed the run out yesterday.

She has said the seat was starting to get uncomfortable but she didn't have any gel shorts on which I did.

I took it for a quick run myself on the flat. Coming off the Bossnut, the Wayfarer is substantially heavier. I was in Eco mode and it felt very weighty with not much assistance, the same for Tour mode. The seat wasn't adjusted for me which didn't help either. I could do with adjusting the seat and taking it through all the gears properly before giving it a true review I feel. Sport and Turbo modes are fab all the same, very impressive.

I think if/when I change bikes in the future I'll probably go for a Tailwind which are a tad lighter but the Wayfarer does feel very comfortable and sturdy, the brakes are also impressive too.

I'm hoping to take it out one weekend when she's not on it haha so I'll report back with better review at another time. She seems very pleased with it though so all good from us so far.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We've not had much opportunity to get out on the Wayfarer as the weather has been poor and we've got twins as well. The missus also wanted to get out on it properly first to get a feel for the bike before properly using it for work.

We managed yesterday to get a run out about 5 miles, her on the Wayfarer and myself on my Calibre Bossnut MTB. The difference is night and day, she absolutely pissed away from me on the hills no bother, I knew she would tbh but it was effortless for her. She's still getting a feel for it but she really enjoyed the run out yesterday.

She has said the seat was starting to get uncomfortable but she didn't have any gel shorts on which I did.

I took it for a quick run myself on the flat. Coming off the Bossnut, the Wayfarer is substantially heavier. I was in Eco mode and it felt very weighty with not much assistance, the same for Tour mode. The seat wasn't adjusted for me which didn't help either. I could do with adjusting the seat and taking it through all the gears properly before giving it a true review I feel. Sport and Turbo modes are fab all the same, very impressive.

I think if/when I change bikes in the future I'll probably go for a Tailwind which are a tad lighter but the Wayfarer does feel very comfortable and sturdy, the brakes are also impressive too.

I'm hoping to take it out one weekend when she's not on it haha so I'll report back with better review at another time. She seems very pleased with it though so all good from us so far.
Thanks for the great review!

Due to the 48V system the Wayfarer is very punchy, but as you say it’s heavy, it’s our limo!

The Tailwinds run on a 36V system so not as powerful but a lot more nippy due to its much lighter weight.

Try before you invest would be my advice.

All the best, David

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
Quick question David.

We've had the Bike on charge since this morning and the light is still blue. It mentions in the manual it should change from Red to Green when it's charged but each time we charge it, it's always blue?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Quick question David.

We've had the Bike on charge since this morning and the light is still blue. It mentions in the manual it should change from Red to Green when it's charged but each time we charge it, it's always blue?
Please email our Support guys. I’ve not come across that before.

Crazylegs1892

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2023
Please email our Support guys. I’ve not come across that before.
Yes it's weird, the bike is working fine and the battery is showing as fully charged so not sure what's going on there. What's the email address for me to contact please?

Many thanks

Marc