Woods/Dunlop Inner Tubes

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Swap them for Presta valves tubes and pumps with pressure guages are readily available.

C

Cyclezee

Personally, I would fit tubes with car type Schrader valves. Widely available and easy to test or inflate to the correct pressure.

J:) hn

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
So 50cycles are leaving these in? I know they're normal in Germany, but they're very rare indeed in the UK now, and likely you couldnt buy one or a pump for one in most British bike shops. Frankly, not swapping them out for Presta/Schrader seems a very bad sign for an importer.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Considering how much 50cycles sales effort did for Derby Cycles with the Kalkhoffs when the e-versions were first introduced, Derby Cycles should equip 50cycles bulk orders more suitably with Schrader and Presta at source in Germany.

It would be interesting to know if they send Woods/Dunlop valve equipped bikes to Kalkhoff USA.

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
Could not agree more flecc!

I find them a pain in the butt but it seems crazy to change brand new tubes! Plus it's not that easy.
I get round it at the moment with a Schrader converter from Halfords, i then set the regulator on my compressor to the correct pressure and use my tyre inflater, that's the only way i know what the pressure is. Not ideal!
They (Kalkhoff) fit Continental tyres, surely they could have fitted matching tubes? :(