Woosh Faro Review

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi Sutty86 I’ve bought spare inner tubes presta valve 60mm fit great. As for tyres I plumbed for marathon plus, supposedly bomb proof, but come with a weight penalty. Personally I think they perform great, look wider and higher on the rims and feel more assured on the loose stuff. The freely turning front stem and wheel has been observed by myself and hopefully is normal (makes steering light and easy) Hope you enjoy your Faro as much as I do mine and first one to a thousand miles wins (pictures of display as proof ha)

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Thanks pal be a
Hi Sutty86 I’ve bought spare inner tubes presta valve 60mm fit great. As for tyres I plumbed for marathon plus, supposedly bomb proof, but come with a weight penalty. Personally I think they perform great, look wider and higher on the rims and feel more assured on the loose stuff. The freely turning front stem and wheel has been observed by myself and hopefully is normal (makes steering light and easy) Hope you enjoy your Faro as much as I do mine and first one to a thousand miles wins (pictures of display as proof ha)
Thanks for the reassurance on the free turning.

Did you buy a riser or going stock?

Cheers will buy tyres now what size did you opt for?

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Originally was going to go 32c but got a deal on two 28c tyres and when fitted look much wider and higher than original detonators and provide plenty grip. Really have to get a grip on expenditure, but think a riser may enhance the look.

Reading newbie

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2020
Well I’m delighted to say mine has arrived!!!!! And I really do think the matt black finish looks so much better in person than it does in the pictures. I’ll try and take some pics over the weekend but I already know I’m going to put plenty of miles on it.

I’ve not had or ridden a bike in about three years but the ease at which I can cover ground on the farò is truly impressive. My drive to Reading centre (in pre-C-19) traffic used to be circa 30 minutes and I’ve a strong feeling I’ll cut this time down significantly. It’s also likely that I’ll not be using it in all weathers but for when I can it’ll be greener, quicker and more fun!

I’ve already installed my gp5 (thank you Pedelecs people) bar ends and to be honest I’m grateful I have as I do think this standard grips look a bit naff in person. The new bar ends do make the bike feel nibble but also improve the look imho.

Anyway tyre, (a better than Halfords own) lock and lights are still on that shopping list but for now I’m off and running or should that be pedalling?

Reactions: Atlav4

Chris M

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
I fitted Schwalbe marathon MTB plus tyres to my Cube about 1,200 miles ago. The weight isn't a problem on an ebike and they immediately felt a lot freer running than the Schwalbe tyres that came as standard. They seem to grip well enough for my use and have only let go a bit on fine sand. I'm really pleased with the Marathons because they are so noticeably free running. Oh, and no punctures so far.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Great news on the bike, tell us in a new personal review, after a few rides, your findings and feelings on all aspects pertaining to the “ Steed” Must inform you if you plumb for marathon plus please take care on selection of width. 28c really really do fit higher and wider than stock tyres and look extremely substantial on the wheels. If you decide on 32c , clearance for mudguards will be tight. Experiment with cockpit comfort, foolishly I had seat post way to high and saddle moved back on the rails. Now moved saddle forward, with the tip of the saddle over the bottom bracket when looking down and seat post dropped a little, feel very comfortable.
Hope weather improves so we can get out more, grinning like idiots or teenagers on a promise. Enjoy your new bike.

Reactions: Woosh

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
If you don't want to go 'full level 5' on tyre protection, but want something that is grippy in all weathers, great puncture protection, and are lighter and roll better, take a look at Schwalbe Energiser Plus. I've run them in 700 x 35 guise on my commuter ebike for the last 4 years, nearly 10k miles, and only 2 punctures in that time. SJS cycles sometimes have them cheap at about £16 each

Comparison on weight, puncture protection, rolling resistance here:

Last edited:

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Sutty86 and Reading newbie sorry but I couldn’t resist 138 miles and bike rides like a dream 96C30C2E-1970-4EAA-9D54-3A00DE557A1C.jpegF3140921-3CD6-4F0B-8DE0-004ABE01C206.jpeg2AA16E80-9281-4473-B94A-E20CD9FE9076.jpeg

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
I like the bar ends but seem very expensive when I googled them .
Looking to buy a cheaper alternative as my wrists are killing me , went on a battered footpath for 100m and killed my wrists in the process.

Think I will have to get a different seat on mine as I'm slightly too short, the suspension seat post is a little to high on the lowest setting.
Not the bikes fault just my height

Fitted a new inner tube and nearly blew my biceps off pumping it up! Are presta notoriously hard to pump towards the end!
I have a little short halfords pump which does both!
May invest in a footpump!

Made a massive error in fitting my handlebars and basically been riding around the the forks on back to front!
One of my friends noticed in a photo I put up!

Really impressed with the bike on hills!
There's a really steep street near where I live my motorbike used to struggle getting up it and my exs 1l Citroen would!
Bike flew up with me obviously giving it some Welly!

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Sorry Reading can’t comment on 32c as I fitted 28c due to price etc will have to do more miles to assess ride and durability qualities. Should have slimed detonators they were comfy enough just overreacting after double puncture, possibly.
Woosh commented he can do the double battery option by fitting a spur on future builds, cost inclusive obviously, but that would be serious range capability.
Be great to have an extended battery

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
wouldn't be without a track pump, sometimes available and always cheap at Aldi and Lidl

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Yes I had front wheel wrong way round but noticed before tightening everything up. I’m sure bar ends I use are cheap certainly less than a tenner new and definitely help. Moving saddle towards handlebars helps with comfort. Glad you’re enjoying tootling around. Great bikes.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Make sure you loosen the small valve nut far enough as the adapter when fitted sometimes closes the nut making inflation difficult no matter what pump

Reactions: ColinJTod

ColinJTod

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2020
Todmorden
Make sure you loosen the small valve nut far enough as the adapter when fitted sometimes closes the nut making inflation difficult no matter what pump
It is also a good idea to depress the nut to make sure that the valve core comes free. They can stick and if they do you can pump away but no matter how hard you push very little (or no) air actually gets into the tube.

AliAfro

Just Joined
Sep 13, 2020
Just in case anyone is interested, I put on some bull-horn handlebars (excuse the poor wrapping - it was my first time) and since this pic i have put on 32 schwalbe marathon greenguard tyres (which are lighter than marathon plus but almost as puncture resistant):

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Bike looks great, did the 32c tyres fit okay I’m guessing that’s the limit of size if also fitting mudguards.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Max tyre width is governed by D/O size and the bridge width to fit wider guards.