Woosh Krieger Review

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Whoosh Kreiger looks good value for money (I like the throttle only option) but I really need* both hydraulic brakes and hub gears. Where can I see or try Whoosh bikes in Sussex. I don't like the look of the wide saddle illustrated. (*Traffic keeps stopping suddenly?)
Woosh don't have a dealer network.

But they are famously helpful, so give 'em a ring to see if they can sort something.

I believe they have been known to send bikes on approval.

Reactions: Perseus

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
Woosh will happily swap the saddle for other styles that they have in stock, i went for comfort over style.

They have a showroom in Cambridge or a shop in Southend.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Kreiger is still favourite. I wonder if Woosh plan on a hub gear version in the future? Future proofing. Will the battery design remain the same?

As a complete tangent, I wondered if the batteries could be used as a leisure battery as well for low powered use?

Ideally I would want to instal a front rack for my lightweight camera.

Last edited:

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
the krieger seems to have standardised wiring so in theory you can swap out the back and rack for other ones fairly easily such as the new pack on woosh site

hub gear would add £400-500 to the price which is not really what Woosh are all about

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Envisaged hub gears adding just £200 to the price and that would be worth it for me. Especially as my first choice was getting a hub bike because the traffic problems are acute. Stopping becomes a problem sooner or later if like me you cycle 3000 miles a year. Stopping problems restrict my speed to 14 mph at times when 18 mph would be my comfort speed. I try to predict ahead but gear changing takes time as well.

Front rack might need to be fastened to front forks or axle. Not for heavy weights, just for a camera.

Leisure battery use would be with an inverter for very low powered items like an air pump. Even might want to use this whilst cycling. Not essential though.

Other people might want to power bilge pumps.

Last edited:

Lookoutleo

Just Joined
Jun 6, 2017
Scotland
I see this was posted nearly 2 years ago. How you getting on with the bike now. I see they have changed the models but still have the crank motor and 15a battery still available. Has the bike many miles now and has it been reliable? I have a bike with hub motor and clutch failed at 4000 miles and parts arnt available. Is this bike worth the money, what you replaced. Thank you for any help you can give

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Substantially the same.

The new Krieger has a sleeker HL downtube battery with a choice of 13AH, 15AH and 17.5AH in capacity, a new better looking Suntour fork and a gear sensor.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Envisaged hub gears adding just £200 to the price and that would be worth it for me. Especially as my first choice was getting a hub bike because the traffic problems are acute. Stopping becomes a problem sooner or later if like me you cycle 3000 miles a year. Stopping problems restrict my speed to 14 mph at times when 18 mph would be my comfort speed. I try to predict ahead but gear changing takes time as well.

Front rack might need to be fastened to front forks or axle. Not for heavy weights, just for a camera.

Leisure battery use would be with an inverter for very low powered items like an air pump. Even might want to use this whilst cycling. Not essential though.

Other people might want to power bilge pumps.

I've changed my mind about hub gears after my recent experience. In theory they should be better and more reliable, but of they do go wrong it is a big problem.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
And if it goes wrong what's the part situation and what Guarantee does it come with
The bike is very much like any normal bike, other than having a motor and a battery. You can pedal without power. You look after it like you would a normal bike. The bike comes with one year guarantee against all manufacturing defects.

What if it goes wrong?

Just telephone support on 01702 684444.
If it's complicated, we will arrange with a local bike shop or a mobile mechanic where you live to sort out your problem.
If the repair is not covered by our warranty, you'll have to pay for the repair yourself.
Since we do not sell through bike shops most of our customers tend to be practical and able to deal with routine mechanical maintenance or have a friend or family member who will do this for them.
Common tasks include not just keeping the bike clean and dry but also pumping up and replacing tyres and inner tubes, adjusting brakes and gears and dealing with occasional small repairs.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
After a poor experience with my purchase of a Toba bike, the Kreiger has come back in contention as a replacement.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
After a poor experience with my purchase of a Toba bike, the Kreiger has come back in contention as a replacement.
it's going to be replaced soon.
Have you thought of conversion?

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I have thought of a conversion, but I haven't got a base bike of suitable quality. Toba isn't quite there. My age and reduced capacity means I want to do easy fixes on the trail. I prefer derailleur when changing wheels. Toba has resistance when cycling without motor. Do all bikes have this ? what is it with the power off gear changes on the Woosh? Is this universal? I did not have this on my Cyclomatic.