Woosh - more dreadful service

dmsims

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2010
South Devon
David
I explained that on the first date collection was arranged the usual courier was on holiday and the replacement driver could not locate your house.I have no control over such issues, sorry.
I then sent you two emails asking when I could arrange an alternative collection to which you did not reply. I finally called you and we agreed on collection on 29th. I rang the depot in the morning to make sure they knew where your house was and to confirm that collection would be made, which they duly confirmed.
If the bike was not collected on 29th you should have told me and I would have complained to the depot whose manager I have spoken to about you at least 3 times.now. I don't think many people can do much more for customers than that or indeed than I try to do for them in general.
The bike arrived back this morning.
I won't be able to post from now on for quite a while due to workload.
No doubt you and KudosDave will rub your hands in glee.
Hatti
Hatti

Since you seem determined to give incorrect facts (and it's not the first time) I will set the record straight for you:

The collection was arranged for the 21st July between 10-4pm after I rearranged my working week to accommodate

I emailed you "I have waited in all day and there has been no collection"

and you responded "They are definitely collecting from you today but are running late because they are extremely busy"

The courier did not collect

The courier did not phone to locate the house

You did not pass on the very specific instructions given for the original delivery which would have enabled anyone to find the house

on the 22nd July I emailed you:

"no they didn't and they have not turned up today either

I am out at customers all day tomorrow

When you can arrange a reliable courier please get in touch"

You responded on the 23rd:

"I am sorry for this but I have no control over couriers.
To use a 'reliable' one like DHL would add around £50 to the price of each bike.
Most of our customers would not like to pay this.
Please let me know when you will be there again and I will try to get Parcelforce to go there again on this date.
I am constrained by costs on this one. Sorry"

I did not respond to that email as I was very busy with work and you did telephone on Saturday 26th July to rearrange for the 29th. I repeated the simple instructions to find the house

The courier did not collect on the 29th and no telephone call was received

Parcelforce were never going to collect day because the collection was not arranged on the manifest

Subsequently someone has entered the cellar of the house and removed the bike without our knowledge - I regard this an extremely serious matter and request an explanation

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Dm
A simple explanation is the couriers are cheap and poor service.
But you have got a budget brand bike.

Reactions: tillson

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I bought their stock and about to buy some more, so I feel I should present some defence on their behalf.
a) they've got there at the end, b) somebody let them in the house/cellar, their driver can't be Superman with X-Ray vision and c) There must be a reason why they've missed 3 collections. Everybody has GPS nowaday.

they can't be that bad surely?

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
As soon as I saw Parcelforce mentioned I groaned.
Parcelforce are OK up here. Citylink, however! Their driver in my area is great, their office staff take stupidity to new levels.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Yes. It depends where you live and whether you live in a big conurbation where they'll employ anyone who can present a driving license and doesn't appear to be drunk at the interview. Even Hermes delivers okay around here, and all the main ones have regular drivers who know the area.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All I know in my area is how slow and unreliable Parcelforce have been. All the others have been ok and DPD have outstanding in every way.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
David

I did say on another thread that due to workload I shall not be posting much over the next few days.
However since I am still at work at 20h30 and due to the fact that you seem intent on criticizing me, I feel compelled to reply.

Firstly, I do not feel that Woosh has given you dreadful service.
The bike was purchased under the Cycle to Work scheme for another rider, not you. However, it appears that it is you who is riding the bike and not the other rider. It would have been interesting to know what the other rider's reactions to the bike were. You complained about a scratch on the bike on receipt but more importantly that over the following few weeks the gears made a crunching sound when changed on a hill. If many customers had had the same problem we would have agreed that there could be an issue but the fact is that not a single person has complained to me about this apart from you , and I have doubts about Kudos Dave's insistence that 'countless people' complained to him at his Redbridge event earlier in the year. He has yet to substantiate this. You have also seen for yourself on this forum that most people do not seem to think that there is an issue with changing the gears on this model.
We received the bike back today. It is possible that something else accounts for the problems that you had - for example, damage during its initial transit to you which resulted in physical damage to the bike's hardware such as the chain, derailleur or free wheel. We have not had time to inspect the bike yet but if a problem like this becomes apparent I will certainly let you know and I shall be completely truthful about it.

We then offered to upgrade your bike for you at a very modest sum - yes, in view of all the costs we had incurred - to a Big Bear LS. As far as I am aware, apart from some vibrations through the handlebar headset that you mentioned, this bike seems to be performing well for you and you are happy with it. I can supply copy emails from you to substantiate this if necessary.
I do not see therefore how Woosh can be accused of bad service on this particular point. .

So if I understand correctly, the bad service relates either to the technical support that you received when you were unable to change the gears or to the Parcelforce service which relates to the collection of the Santana CD following delivery of your Big Bear LS upgrade. The technical support appertaining to the gear changes has already been documented. The fact remains that no other customer, out of nearly 2000 crank drive bikes delivered by us to date, has complained about this problem except for you and Kudos Dave's 'very nice couple whose names I don't know' (quote).
As I said, however, your problem may lie elsewhere.

Now, lets move on to the collection of the Santana CD bike..

We have spent the past 5 years using 3 couriers: Citylink, Interlink and Parcelforce. All three have a delivery success rate of the due date of around 95%. Of the three, Citylink and Parcelforce rates for delivery were (and still are) £19 plus VAT for a 2 day working service, whilst Interlink's are £23 plus VAT for an overnight (next business day) delivery.
For damage during transit the statistics are roughly as follows: interlink , 20% of items damaged, Citylink and Parcelforce 5% items damaged. No bike has ever been written off with a courier. The damage incurred has been minor, such as a broken light, cracked chain guard or broken rear carrier. We have decided that overall Parcelforce is the best courier at the moment. The reason for this is that we receive an excellent, prompt collection service here with a large van daily at 4pm - without fail - and 95% of items arrive safely with 2 working days. Parcelforce do not use a conveyor belt for our bikes, whilst Interlink apparently do and incur far more damage.
Collections by many couriers are dealt with differently and incur more costs. I do not understand why exactly this happens but if I find out, I will let you know. To get a collection via Interlink is £35 plus VAT. It arrives overnight but with the inherent high risk of damage due to the use of conveyor belts. A Parcelforce collection costs £27 but the goods rarely get damaged due to the fact that a conveyor belt is not used.

When the order was initially placed by you you gave me instructions for the courier on how he could find your house. There was evidently some difficulty with this or you would not have needed to give them to me.
These instructions were printed on a label by me and affixed to the carton by me. When I arranged collection from you I did not have the means to issue similar instructions. I cannot for example print a label for you and this would be pointless because there would be no need - by that time, the courier would have found you and collected the bike. So I have to issue instructions on the Parcelforce booking website and the number of characters allowing me to do this are limited - I think around 16 letters or so. I can hardly put that your house is the last building before such and such a place on the booking form for collection - there is insufficient space - but I can do so when sending the goods because I can physically affix labels to the carton.

Parcelforce did not collect from you on the due date. Not good. I quite agree. When I complained to the manager at your local depot, he said that the usual driver was on holiday and that an agency driver had had to be used. This driver could not find your house. In the absence of a street name and in the absence of specific directions for collection due to the system, he simply could not find you. He tried the following day and again could not find you. He may not have been bright, he may have been foreign ....I do not know. But he could not find you. He tried.
I then tried to get hold of you twice by email with no luck and finally rang you to arrange collection on 29th July. I called the manager at the local Parcelforce depot on the day I booked the collection to make sure it would happen. I then called on the morning of 29th July and again they confirmed that it would happen.

You did not call me to say that the collection did not happen 29th July.
You say that the item was taken from a cellar? Could you please tell me more? I have never heard of such a thing. Was the cellar locked? Did you leave instructions that it could be collected from there? Presumably not. This obviously is quite serious and I will take it up with Parcelforce and let you know what they say.

In spite of this, I still maintain that I have no control over couriers and I would think that any sensible, intelligent person would understand this.

And as I said to you recently, a 100% guaranteed delivery / collection service would cost a great deal more with DHL or TNT. Would you have been willing to pay some £80 to £90 for this? I asked you and said that if you were, perhaps other customers would agree and we could then offer this as an option. You didn't reply. Could you do so now?

I recently sent a bike to Parcelforce in Belfast. The customer came up from southern Ireland by train to collect the bike in a box. The Parcelforce staff not only took the bike out of its box but finished assembling it, checked it, kept the carton to throw away with their main rubbish and then accompanied him to the station because he wasn't sure how to get there on his new bike. The customer is very happy with us...and very happy with Parcelforce.

This thread promises to be an extremely boring one. I pity anyone who wants to read it in its entirety, but you forced me to write it. .

Evenin' all.
Hatti

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
All I know in my area is how slow and unreliable Parcelforce have been. All the others have been ok and DPD have outstanding in every way.
Flecc

DPD are part of Interlink. Fast overnight service, extremely polite drivers but because they use conveyor belts have damaged our bike cartons in the past.
Despite assurances that they handle large parcels manually they don't, whilst Parcelforce do and cause far less damage. See my very long post (if you can really stay awake long enough to read it all).

So at the end of the day the service for all of them is pretty much like this: very good service if the regular driver is on the route. These guys put in a very long day - up to 100 drops daily - starting at 5 am and having to put up with accidents, traffic jams on the M25 (and others) plus having to lug Sharon's Argos wardrobe up 5 flights of stairs. It isn't funny, although they do get quite well paid, I've been told. But when they dare...dare.... to take a holiday, the stand in guy doesn't know the round and usually messes up completely.

I don't agree that Parcelforce is dreadful - again, see my (very boring) post towards the end. I think all couriers are pretty similar. It is down to how well you wrap the box (we do it very well , damage is rare) and just hope that Bill your regular driver isn't on holiday, no matter which courier you are using.

Actually we have two collections here each day - a huge van at 2pm with a tall tattooed nice young guy and a smaller transit at 4pm with a very old chappy who is stone deaf. We make signs at him through the warehouse window holding up fingers - (bit like skating scores): . '4 more. 8 more. 3 more. None' and then flap our arms around wildly inviting him in or shooing him away. Works a treat. .

Great guys locally, love 'em to bits.

Hatti

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I reckon it was Col Mustard - aka Kudos Dave - who took the bike out of the cellar.

If the OP looks, he will find it in the library.

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Don't worry Hattie you have many supporters on this forum. To date I have received nothing but an excellent service from your company despite not having bought a bike from you.
For what its worth my next purchase will be a Woosh, whilst nothing is ever perfect you and a few other dealers on this forum are a credit to the industry.
Have a good weekend.

Reactions: KirstinS and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I reckon it was Col Mustard - aka Kudos Dave - who took the bike out of the cellar.

If the OP looks, he will find it in the library.
Maybe I could clout him one with a candlestick?
Hatti

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Maybe I could clout him one with a candlestick?
Hatti
There's no reply to that I which wouldn't upset someone, so I will resort to going back on topic.

I can't take this thread seriously, if it's about anything at all, it's about poor couriers.

Blaming the bike supplier is unfair.

That's not to creep around Hatti, I would say the same whoever supplied the bike.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just for the record.

Some time ago I ordered a bike from Woosh, which I subsequently had to cancel owing to a change in my circumstances at the time.
I have seldom received such pleasant, honest and helpful service from a company, and from Hatti in particular, when I have been purchasing something, let alone cancelling an order.

I do understand how frustrating and annoying it is when delivery / collections don't go to plan, but having read this thread, I would still have total confidence in Woosh and Hatti.

garyten

Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2014
I would like to add that i have purchased two Woosh bikes, and had both delivered "Offshore" to Ireland perfectly well.

I to, found dealing with Hatti, and some of Tech staff via E mail and by phone, very easy, well informed, and helpful.

I must say without reservation, that i have recommended Woosh to friends and family that have asked about the bikes.

In simple terms, i got exactly what we wanted / needed, at a price that i felt was right for the product.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I too have bought a bike and a spare charger from Woosh and received excellent service.
The heading of this subject is unfair to Woosh, obviously it was the couriers fault.

Reactions: john h

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hatti, after reading all your good reviews I think that this is the right opportunity for you to triple the price on your bikes. ;). Sorry forum.

MS.

01423frankieboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2014
YO51
Talk about Teddies and Prams ! From everyone !!!!!This sort of thing puts people right off forums. When I grow up I'm going to be a fireman !

Reactions: Woosh

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
I use APC . www.apc-overnight.com/ Fast and reliable. . Picked up and delivered on time. Totally reliable. Give your local Depot a call . Usual disclaimer, long term customer no other connection.