Woosh - more dreadful service

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I reckon Hatti should pass this on to Kudos Dave to deal with.

He would sort it, although there might be blood on or two carpets.
He'd be swinging on Hatti though. He jumped in on a previous thread to say that the gears on the Woosh CDs are rubbish, and the Kudos bikes are far superior.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Problems arise in any business, the problem itself is not the issue ,it's what you do about it that is. There is an angry customer situation here that needs sorted out pronto. Small businesses live or die on personal service. I know what I'd be doing right now.
Ringing your local friendly neighbourhood hitman?

Reactions: D8ve

Josh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 1, 2014
As a new forum member I have been reading this thread with interest having just short listed a Woosh folder as a first ebike purchase. I did note that it was internet/telephone orders only, no dealers and far to travel for me to collect. Therefore delivery and smooth supply would be vital to me let alone any returns if something was not right. Not taking sides on this as I have had bitter past experiences of poor deliveries etc and also sometimes good outcomes from the retailer, the firm you pays your cash to. So IMO the important part is how and when the retailer resolves the problem to their customers satisfaction. As a prospective customer I await with interest how this scenario will unfold.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I await with interest how this scenario will unfold.
I wouldn't worry about it, Hatti has successfully shipped more woosh folders than you've had hot dinners.

Reactions: john h

Josh

Aug 1, 2014
I wouldn't worry about it, Hatti has successfully shipped more woosh folders than you've had hot dinners.
Very glad to hear it and I was not suggesting anything against Hatti's reputation, just concerned that it would be my hot dinners that I would not want to be spoiled.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Very glad to hear it and I was not suggesting anything against Hatti's reputation, just concerned that it would be my hot dinners that I would not want to be spoiled.
Your post illustrates a wider point.

This thread 'Woosh - more dreadful service' - may have cost woosh a sale to you, and possibly others.

Yet it is no more than a courier collection cock-up.

It's not even a storm in a tea cup, it's more like a squall in a thimble.

But the OP seeks to trumpet this non-event as poor service by woosh.

That's wrong in my opinion, so I am using my right of reply to say so.

My reply to you was bordering on the flippant, which was not called for.

All I meant was you need have no worries about the delivery process for a woosh bike, if you have decided it's the right bike for you.

Reactions: mike killay
C

Cyclezee

This thread 'Woosh - more dreadful service' - may have cost woosh a sale to you, and possibly others.
If you believe the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity", then it may be actually be good for sales and if that is the case will someone please start slagging off Cyclezee:eek:

Reactions: john h and EddiePJ

Josh

Aug 1, 2014
Your post illustrates a wider point.

Yet it is no more than a courier collection cock-up.

It's not even a storm in a tea cup, it's more like a squall in a thimble.

But the OP seeks to trumpet this non-event as poor service by woosh.

That's wrong in my opinion, so I am using my right of reply to say so.

My reply to you was bordering on the flippant, which was not called for.

All I meant was you need have no worries about the delivery process for a woosh bike, if you have decided it's the right bike for you.
Thanks for your clarification and can assure you there was no offence taken. Yes this looks like a huge carrier cock up, I agree with your points.
However call me old fashioned, I still believe customer is King and also from well satisfied customer reviews Woosh looks a great company to do business with. It 's sad that this has come onto a forum where each side as called each other out, just perhaps with hindsight it could have been handled better.

Reactions: flecc and EddiePJ

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
If you believe the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity", then it may be actually be good for sales and if that is the case will someone please start slagging off Cyclezee:eek:
Send my battery back first - Then I'll see what I can do :D

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
If you believe the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity", :eek:
I heard an interview with a marketing bloke who said the exposure the Tour de France brought to Yorkshire would have cost X millions of pounds if the authorities had to buy it.

He then went on to point out it had cost Yorkshire X millions of pounds to stage their part of the race.

So there is such a thing as good publicity, but there's no such thing as a free lunch.

C

Cyclezee

Send my battery back first - Then I'll see what I can do :D
I wondered who long it would take you JH and you didn't disappoint:rolleyes:
Good to read that you didn't manage to destroy the back wheel with your bungee exploit;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
As a new forum member I have been reading this thread with interest having just short listed a Woosh folder as a first ebike purchase. I did note that it was internet/telephone orders only, no dealers and far to travel for me to collect. Therefore delivery and smooth supply would be vital to me let alone any returns if something was not right. Not taking sides on this as I have had bitter past experiences of poor deliveries etc and also sometimes good outcomes from the retailer, the firm you pays your cash to. So IMO the important part is how and when the retailer resolves the problem to their customers satisfaction. As a prospective customer I await with interest how this scenario will unfold.
Hi Josh,

The bike was purchased on a cycle scheme, so the purchaser was the agency administering the scheme.
The registered user did not have the same surname as her husband. - Sims.
When the problems with gear changing first started it was the husband who reported them.
I was confused because I couldn't link the two names.
It was the husband who then continued to report the problems throughout April and the early part of May - never his wife. With hindsight It may have been better if she had talked to us, even briefly, so she could tell us exactly what her specific problems were first hand. It was her husband who did this however, and the reports seemed to be based on his own perspective.
I therefore assumed that it was he who was riding the bike and not his wife.
I did not know otherwise until he posted that information yesterday.

Both deliveries (to the customer) were made without damage and promptly by the regular driver.The collections (from the customer) failed because the regular driver was on holiday and the house couldn't be found.

This case was plagued by a string of circumstances that will probably never be repeated in a million years. Three different names, no house number, no street name, driver holidays.

Lastly, the bike does not belong to him or to his wife - it belongs to the agency. To help him as much as we could, we offered him a second bike, the new Big Bear LS, on the basis that he kept both bikes for two weeks, tried the LS and then decide which one to return. It would have been easier for us to collect the previous bike at the same time as the new one was delivered (and if we had done so we wouldn't have have all the problems) - but we felt that the trial would genuinely help - which indeed it did. And this is what is supposed to be dreadful service.

I did my level best to help this customer. The one thing I should have done and didn't is give him the telephone number of the collecting depot. If he had had that he could have called them himself to give exact directions on where he was and confirm exactly when the collection would be made.
I am taking steps to make sure this is always done in the future. I will systematically call any depot at 8 am on the morning of collection to make sure they know where to go, how big the parcel is and roughly when they will collect it. I will then call the customer and give him the telephone number of the depot and this information so that he can then call them personally if he gets concerned.

I do not think you need have any concerns about our delivery service but if you wish to place an order in future and do, talk to me.
I am human (very), and at the end of the phone.

Hatti

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I sympathise with Hatti's unfortunate chain of circumstances.

In my game, if something starts off on the wrong foot, it usually only gets worse.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I sympathise with Hatti's unfortunate chain of circumstances.

In my game, if something starts off on the wrong foot, it usually only gets worse.
RobF

Do you know the poem that starts
'For want of a nail the horseshoe was lost?'

Springs to mind!
Hatti

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Hattie.

In my opinion.

So far you appear very reasonable and responsible.
Whoosh is a budget brand and your service is as good as many at a good price.
You remain my best budget buy recommendation.
Others here are falling in my esteem.
Please continue doing business your company is keeping quality up and prices down for the honest customer.

Regards

Josh

Aug 1, 2014
Hi Hatti, Thanks for taking the time to clarify the circumstances. Indeed having your side of the facts does present a very unusual and different scenario. You have gone some way to elevate my concerns over orders/deliveries and your product will be on my short list when I decide which model to purchase. I will telephone you in due course to discuss my options etc.
Cheers.

dmsims

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2010
South Devon
OK let's stick to the facts

The house number, street name

is a red herring. I f you use Parcelforce postcode lookup (or any other) there is no street name or house number

There is one road through the village and no house numbers at all.

If you put the post code into Google maps the marker is right outside the house and we are the only house with a name visible from the road at that point

On the 21st when I emailed after 4pm about no collection you responded saying they were still coming - they did not

The bike was not collected on the 29th because it was never booked for collection on that day

You simply ignored my email saying:
"When you can arrange a reliable courier please get in touch"

I see you have not apologised for your outrageous unfounded allegations concerning the cycle scheme please do so and edit your post(s) to reflect the truth

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
Most forums wouldn't let a he said they said thread like this run,as far as i can see the OP has it sorted or it is being sorted,woosh could have done better they admit this,i do have my own camping forum and i would have locked this now as the two parties have had there say and the discussion would still be there for interested browsers.