Woosh Woosh TS BB kit

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have now the reply from the supplier:
Hi Tony,

I understood your explaination, the display and controller were made with 25km limit, can not set it below 25km and let it cut off at lower speed.
But set it above 25km is ok, but this not only depend on controller and display, also depend on the motor's speed limit, if the motor can not support, it will be no use.

Please check!

Best regards!

W.
So yoiur method of changing the wheel diameter is the only solution to set the speed limit below 25kph. Setting speed above 25kph works OK.

RogerA

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
After trying a range of P11 and P12 settings and finding negligible difference in the behaviour, plus with the speed cut off issue, I've decided to remove the kit and go back to the KT kit I was using previously.
I bought this because I liked the idea of a torque sensor that would adjust the power according to the effort I was putting in, but this seems to give maximum power far too easily. When combined with the speed cut off problem, it means that I am having to adjust power levels more than on the KT kit, and ending up using more battery because I'm being powered more often up to higher speeds.
For my needs, this kit is not suitable. That is not saying that it doesn't work - it does, and may suit someone who rides under power all the time at 15.5mph (or higher).
Thanks to Woosh and Peter for their assistance, but I've decided the KT kit suits my needs far better than this.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
In all essence a KT controller is as close as one can get to a mid drive TS system, to me a TS crank for a hub makes little sense as it is acting as speed control.
KT has instant startup and instant stop.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
In all essence a KT controller is as close as one can get to a mid drive TS system, to me a TS crank for a hub makes little sense as it is acting as speed control.
KT with a hub-motor is ebike nirvana. Nothing beats it. It's one of the few systems that lets you choose how hard you want to pedal. Torque multiplying systems don't make sense to me.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
From an OEM point of view, there is a lot in support of a torque system. For a start, it is simpler. Not for kits, but for factory built bikes. Simplicity brings reliability, less support is needed therefore brings total cost of sale and ownership down. From customers point of view, torque systems help them lose weight. You will see average battery use per kph is lower with torque system because when you can pedal as much or as little as you like, overtime you will probably pedal less not more.

Last edited:

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
The big pluses for me from it were a) start up when you are in the wrong gear / hill starts, the motor kicks in pretty instantaneously that you apply pressure to the pedal - this is the only time I would need a throttle b) you can ghost pedal to change down gears when coming to a stop without the motor kicking in - this is the only time I would need brake sensors c) simplicity of installation - don't need brake sensors or throttle ( and d) it is current control rather than speed control, which is unusual in UK based kits with UK support)

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
From customers point of view, torque systems help them lose weight. You will see average battery use per kph is lower with torque system because you can pedal as much or as little as you like, overtime you will probably pedal less not more.
It's simple physics: For any given journey, a certain amount of work needs to be done to complete it. That work comes from a combination of work from the rider and work from the electrical system. You can divide it up how you like, but if you use less energy from the battery, it's because you did more work yourself.

If you have a torque multiplying system, you can't pedal as much or little as you like. You have to pedal with torque to get the torque multiplied, and if you want to go up a hill, you have to increase your pedal force. It's the extra work you do on the pedals that causes the motor to not have to do as much work, which gives the illusion of those systems being more efficient, and why you're more likely to lose weight with such a system if you have a tendancy towards laziness.