Woosh Zephyr CD, review anyone?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Pleased to say we had our Sirocco and Zephyr chain drive bikes delivered this morning and are very happy with them both.
Really haven't got enough stock to let a Sirocco out on review but if someone wants to try the Zephyr, let me know. There is a BUT, however.....
the Zephyr CD has been delivered without its chain guard ! How could this happen? We don't know, but it did. However, our very apologetic supplier has assured us that some will be sent by airmail in the next few days and the rest with our next container.
In the meantime, the reviewer and any impatient customers will have to either wear bike clips or a skirt.
Now I can just imagine Dave H or old Dave in a skirt and tights.... how about it lads?
The other requirement for the review is lotsa steepish hills to put it through its paces.

Speak soon

Hatti
zcd-800.jpg
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-cd

Last edited:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Im on the hunt for a possible purchase of a folder so would be interested and lack of chain guard would not bother me as none of my bikes have one any way :)

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
First reply, so the job is yours old Dave.
I never thought about a kilt.
Do Scottish bike riders (E or otherwise) all wear kilts I wonder? It must be a bit more than a bit chilly
(now expecting lots of saucy replies.....)

Old Dave - I will PM you later....

GaRRy and CMason - thank you very much for offering. Can maybe give you first option on something else in the future?

Hatti

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Hatti when are these coming to your Cambridge branch as I would like to test ride one ?

Never ridden a crank drive ebike before :(

Just phoned them and it seems they come to the other store first. Let me know when they are in the Cambridge one and I will go for a test ride :)

Jerry

Last edited:

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
It must be a bit more than a bit chilly
Well its this chilly...

Hold out your hand, clench your fist but leave your little finger extended and bend your little finger downwards so that its pointing at the floor.

Look at your little finger...........

That's how cold it is :eek:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Do Scottish bike riders (E or otherwise) all wear kilts I wonder? It must be a bit more than a bit chilly

GaRRy and CMason - thank you very much for offering. Can maybe give you first option on something else in the future?

Hatti
No problem and after I had posted realised time scale would of been tight as from 14th wont be riding anything for at least 2 weeks and probably longer due to operation for carpel tunnel taking my right hand out of use.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com

Hatti
Hatti,damn I missed it,if the others let you down.....you can count on me to give a fair and impartial review !!!!!!!
KudosDave

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hatti,damn I missed it,if the others let you down.....you can count on me to give a fair and impartial review !!!!!!!
KudosDave
Hee! Hee! I will let you know!
Hatti

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hatti when are these coming to your Cambridge branch as I would like to test ride one ?

Never ridden a crank drive ebike before :(

Just phoned them and it seems they come to the other store first. Let me know when they are in the Cambridge one and I will go for a test ride :)

Jerry
Hi Jerry,
We received them on Tuesday and have now unpacked them, Cambridge always get stock a bit later than us as it goes from here to there. Just working out what exactly they need for the next week or two and will then be sending them their CD stock and some others. I will let you know when you can go along there, am guessing end next week?

Hatti

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
O'i

Its called a kilt ....

I'm up for doing a review with pictures...... but not in a kilt as its a bit to chilly

Let the wind blow high let the wind blow low its off to ride in a kilt il go, all the lassies will should hello Davy where,s your troosers

Geo13647

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2013
Hi, has anyone reviewed the zephyr CD yet?
Looks like it ticks all the boxes for me, but I'm too far away in Scotland to see one for real.
Wanted to read a few reviews or the manual before parting With the readies.

Regards, George...

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
I hope there will be a Zephyr CD at the Redbridge E-bike day this Sun 7th.
Be great to see and try one in the flesh, err metal, zoom, zoom :)
As said, it ticks a lot of boxes, wondering how it rides, how the weight feels in real life (tho I spose one could mock up 21 kg and try lifting it), and how well seat, handlepost, etc folds.
Cheer, Mike

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
I enjoyed D8veh's great scirocco CD review, quoted it's weight at 26.8kg.
'course that is with 26in wheels and 1ah more bottle battery, etc?
So is the Zephyr CD really the same 21kg as hub motor one please?

Thanks for info that the seat won't go down due to controller in bottom of seat tube, it can always clip on if removed.
Pictures suggest the handlepost folds back & to left, so there may not be room for it between wheels?
I don't suppose it could be rotated 180deg & fold forward & to right so handlebars would end up flat at side?

Have Woosh given any thought to a castor wheel(s) on the Stand, so bike could be rolled around in 'Walk' mode, activated by button under saddle? Could be answer to manoeuvring heavy folder!:)
Cheers, Mike

D

Deleted member 4366

The Sirocco CD has 15aH battery. The Zephyr has 8aH, which is the main difference in weight.

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
We are still looking for a review of the Zephyr CD ..... has anyone actually sat on one and tried it yet , a detailed review would be great but not essential at this stage .

CMON someone must have sat on the b.....g...r

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
Thanks D8veh, didn't know the batt sizes were that different.
So its: 8ah, 36v, 250w, Weight: 21kg?,
Suspension travel: 30mm, Gears: Tourney 7sp 304% 14-28t?
Crawl mode in 'King Meter' (control on bars I believe).
Anybody got any more tidbits?
Cheers, Mike

Last edited: