Woosh

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Has anyone used a kit with 700c rim? Wondering what size of tyres the rim would take- Thinking on a conversion of a Carrera TDF I got on Ebay last year to make a flat bar roadie, reckon 28mm is the biggest tyre I'll get in the frame. (If it's not suitable may do the commuter bike which could become an e-tourer and is an old Carrera Vulcan so plenty of room there)
I looked at the PDF on Woosh that they advise to read first- it says the wheel may need trued and maybe "aligned"- I'd have assumed they would dish the wheel to centre it and do the tensions and truing??!!!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I looked at the PDF on Woosh that they advise to read first- it says the wheel may need trued and maybe "aligned"- I'd have assumed they would dish the wheel to centre it and do the tensions and truing??!!!
The motor wheels are machined trued, we check it on a test frame for trueness and spoke tensions. The rear wheel motor is made for 135mm dropout but because of the washers (3 on each side), they fit between 135mm to 140mm dropout.
There can be situations where you may want to add or remove a washer to suit your frame or your dropout is more than 140mm or less than 135mm.
In those cases, the rim may need to be re-trued, we would advise you contact support for assistance.
Front wheels are made for 100mm dropout, there is no need to worry about re-truing.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks for that- and what width are the rims internally/externally??
from memory, ETRO 622, outer rim width 25mm, inner rim width 19mm
when buying new tyres, choose 28".

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We've got an XF07 with 700c/622 rims on a tandem front wheel. It's about right with 35mm tyres, but I think it should do 28mm OK.

The only issue we had was that for some odd reason the rim doesn't seem to like Schwalbe Marathon Plus 35mm tyres. At around 75-80psi they didn't centre properly on the rim and gradually worked skew. As a family we have had lots of those tyres on several different bikes without any issues before (other than the standard one of sometimes being a very tight fit). The size and crotchet on the Woosh rim all look appropriate, and we tried both the older (not too worn) tyre off the rim we were replacing and a new tyre with the same problem; I can't think what the cause is. As far as I know nobody else has had similar issues. I thought the wheel had gone out of true but no, the truing is still fine, it was just the tyre seating in the rim. A couple of other tyres of similar size have been fine on the rim.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use 37 -40c tyres on 19mm rims with my Boardman 700c .