workstand

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Now then just got me one of tho's bike workstands from Lidl that there has been much chat about well i have to join the ( in favour ) group of folks ;) for the money and the time that i will spend on it methinks it is well wicked ...! just thought i would put in my two penn'orth for what it's worth .cheers n beers . T.J. :)

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Good on 'u, lessped. I was out at 8.30am to find a Lidl and get one. First time for me to be in a Lidl I think. Just a few elderly gits walking up and down the centre aisle of specials. Saw a younger git eying the cycle workstands, after I picked one up. Plenty there.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Now then just got me one of tho's bike workstands from Lidl that there has been much chat about well i have to join the ( in favour ) group of folks ;) for the money and the time that i will spend on it methinks it is well wicked ...! just thought i would put in my two penn'orth for what it's worth .cheers n beers . T.J. :)
two penn'orth indeed showing my age there ..!

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Aww shucks you done gone and found me out so i aint a gosh darned wippersnapper ..(ennit)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yup. I'm the two-penn'orth generation but my 19 year old nephew Ben uses well wicked.. (an' stuff)

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
I popped down about 10 and got one of the last two in my local Lidl ( not that 6 miles away is very local) - haven't set it up yet as I have been busy battling with a leaking shower tray and also going out for a nice ride on my bike.

C

Cyclezee

Well done Mike, a good buy;)
Out of curiosity, does your local Lidl have lot of mirrors?:eek:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Well done Mike, a good buy;)
Out of curiosity, does your local Lidl have lot of mirrors?:eek:
Oh you are naughty ........(but I like you.....as they say ) :)

Funky

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
Well I've set my cycle workstand up and found out that my Tonaro Bighit won't go on it - but my other bikes and Mrs. Willin's do.

I've since found out that the Tonaro is almost as easy to work on if I put it on the towbar mounted cycle rack I've got. In fact all the other bikes would probably be just as easy to work on if I put them on there as well. However it is much classier having a proper cycle workstand so I am going to use it - probably out on the drive so I can impress my cycling crazy neighbours.

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Here is my Agattu on the stand at an ideal height for sitting on a chair while doing work on the motor and chain.

Despite the bike's weight it is very stable. It is a 3 hand job to lift the bike and then lock the telescopic tube - but a 2 hand job to get it off.

Attachments

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
Words alone can not express my feelings for you Funky;) OMG, I just can't stop myself, must get firm grip:confused:
Just thinking of starting a new thread - is flirting taking over this forum?

Lol Out loud OMG ROFL

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Here is my Agattu on the stand at an ideal height for sitting on a chair while doing work on the motor and chain.

Despite the bike's weight it is very stable. It is a 3 hand job to lift the bike and then lock the telescopic tube - but a 2 hand job to get it off.
Actually it looks good on that stand just to look at and admire.....like when you get a new bike......sort of modern cycle art on a stand......:)

Lynda