Wow Factor BPM Rear Hub Demo

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Albeit the 500w version this video coupled with d8veh's comments, based on my needs nails it for me on the rear hub. Woosh is the G06 going to do the same job? You better get your spanners ready lol.
BPM REAR DRIVE Down the Promenade.

D

Deleted member 4366

The MAC is very similar to a BPM. It'll make the same torque and power with the same voltage, current and winding speed. This is the video for those that think hub-motors can't climb hills:

• Informative
Reactions: IR772 and Andy88

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
The MAC is very similar to a BPM. It'll make the same torque and power with the same voltage, current and winding speed. This is the video for those that think hub-motors can't climb hills:

The video shows a:
1500w geared motor with a rider pedalling hard until the hill shallows out and the hill is a 20% average grade according to strava not 30%
https://www.strava.com/segments/640638

No one really thinks hubs can't climb but a legal mid drive will climb steeper with less effort and at a lower speed with the correct gearing and also be able to have a decent top speed.

For the average user a powerful legal hub with pedal assist on steep hills will be magic and easier to ride as the gear you are in isn't critical at start up and you have smooth easy gear shifts easier than a "normal bike" for gear changes from my experience.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: IR772 and RobF

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Woosh is the G06 going to do the same job?
The G06 is really sweet, at very low speed. I can climb kerbs on the Rio fat bike without thinking, even do a figure of 8 on the pavement between the flower tubs in front of our shop. Great motor.

Reactions: Andy88

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
The G06 is really sweet, at very low speed. I can climb kerbs on the Rio fat bike without thinking, even do a figure of 8 on the pavement between the flower tubs in front of our shop. Great motor.
I'm a big boy 18. 5 stone can a Rio whisk me away

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Our Andy is 6ft3 tall and weighs about the same. No problem.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Do you have a picture and a price?
this is a picture of the pre-production sample. The production bike has a new LCD, sensored hydraulic brakes, 8-speed and Pioneer 42T forged alloy crankset. Better tyres and saddle too.
Oh, thumb throttle, not that shiny twist throttle.

Price with 13AH battery: £999 including free delivery.
Price will go up eventually, we want to attract early adopters.

Reactions: IR772 and Andy88
D

Deleted member 4366

The video shows a:
1500w geared motor with a rider pedalling hard until the hill shallows out and the hill is a 20% average grade according to strava not 30%
https://www.strava.com/segments/640638

No one really thinks hubs can't climb but a legal mid drive will climb steeper with less effort and at a lower speed with the correct gearing and also be able to have a decent top speed.

For the average user a powerful legal hub with pedal assist on steep hills will be magic and easier to ride as the gear you are in isn't critical at start up and you have smooth easy gear shifts easier than a "normal bike" for gear changes from my experience.
I don't agree with what you're implying, whatever that is, but I had 500w BPMs for a couple of years as my main transport. I can confirm that 30% hills are absolutely no problem with 36v and 30 amps. I weigh 100kg, and those bikes had 6kg batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
this is a picture of the pre-production sample. The production bike has a new LCD, sensored hydraulic brakes, 8-speed and Pioneer 42T forged alloy crankset. Better tyres and saddle too.
Oh, thumb throttle, not that shiny twist throttle.

Price with 13AH battery: £999 including free delivery.
Price will go up eventually, we want to attract early adopters.
Right, does this share the same motor as the Crusa?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The Rio has the higher torque version. The Crusa has standard 250W version.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
The Rio has the higher torque version. The Crusa has standard 250W version.
I think the Crusa is a better fit, the frame style and look I like best is something like the specialized roll elite, does this support a decent rear hub motor?

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
I think the Crusa is a better fit, the frame style and look I like best is something like the specialized roll elite, does this support a decent rear hub motor?
Here is crossbar version if easier for battery placement?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Both are beautiful bikes. We can supply and fit a rear BPM kit to either if you like.