Wow just Wow

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
This bike sounds like the real deal WOW as said just Wow

Whats you guys / lassies take on this bike ?

D

Deleted member 33385

It weighs 32.7 kg, bit heavy for me personally. Do they deliver to the UK? Their website mentions US and Canada delivery. Extra charges, if they do deliver to the UK:

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
And at 750 watts rating illegal on the roads here in the UK and EU.
Why they allowed to sell them to the UK as they know the limits within UK ?

Should be a law out so as not allowed to sell to anyone within UK
though realize we should all know limits within our country .
came up on my facebook site many sellers and why i put up here for u guys
to see on here if i think something looks ok :)

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Why they allowed to sell them to the UK as they know the limits within UK ?

Should be a law out so as not allowed to sell to anyone within UK
though realize we should all know limits within our country .
came up on my facebook site many sellers and why i put up here for u guys
to see on here if i think something looks ok :)
It's not illegal on the road, as long as the rider has a licence and the bike is appropriately registered, plated, taxed (probably free), insured and MOTs. Also can be ridden legally offroad in areas with no public access and with landowners permission.

There should maybe a law that any advertisement must clearly state that it is illegal to ride it outside those conditions.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Sjpt or anyone with e bike knowledge this is a bike from a Dutch firm - This bike seems to have all the ingredients ..What u think regards parts etc bike below from Holland .. has belt gate drive not chain so said to be bit better without as much maintenance ..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

Sjpt or anyone with e bike knowledge this is a bike from a Dutch firm - This bike seems to have all the ingredients ..What u think regards parts etc bike below from Holland .. has belt gate drive not chain so said to be bit better without as much maintenance ..

I'd wonder if the Bafang battery is using CAN bus, like some of their other batteries, and if so - that would be expensive to fix because after the warranty expires, you'd need to find a local bike shop with the diagnostic software, and if you couldn't... you'd have to post your bike for repair, which won't be cheap.

CAN bus wiki:

What leads me to suspect that there might be a CAN bus system on that bike, is this cheaper one which mentions a Bafang battery with CAN bus, at the end:

...but that bike you linked originally may not have a CAN bus system at all - best ask Hollandbikeshop. If it does, ask about repair options in the UK, for when the warranty runs out.

Last edited:
Reactions: budsy

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Certainly looks like a bike I would like.
One problem is ordering it: Unfortunately, delivery to Great Britain is temporarily unavailable.
(@budsy How many hours a day do you spend searching for different kinds of ebike?)

Point on CAN bus is a good one. Apart from that possible exception it looks to be quality standard parts. Unfortunately bike shops are still cagey about repairs for standard or proprietary ebikes. I'd actually be more concerned about possible combrexities (***) of repair during warranty.
  • Nexus and belt drive look a nice combination.
  • Not sure if those special racks can take standard panniers; baskets are fine for mini-shops but can't hold much.
  • Good that it doesn't have back-brakes like so many Dutch/Danish bikes.
  • 57cm (22") frame is large.
  • Heavy even for such a well equipped bike.
  • Quite small battery for the price, but very reasonable battery upgrade option certainly worthwhile.

(***) Combrexities: complixities arising from Brexit.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Even if you could get one, who's going to fix it when it goes wrong? You'd have to ship it back to Holland, which would be very difficult and expensive. Unless you can fix an electric bike yourself, you have to buy one from a local shop or a mail order company with a proven return service.

• Agree
Reactions: budsy and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Even if you could get one, who's going to fix it when it goes wrong? You'd have to ship it back to Holland, which would be very difficult and expensive. Unless you can fix an electric bike yourself, you have to buy one from a local shop or a mail order company with a proven return service.
Yes, only for those buying largely standard component e-bikes who can repair them themselves.

D

Deleted member 33385

If both useful and popular, I expect that someone will hack/reverse-engineer the Bafang CAN bus diagnostic software and release it into the wild, like the Bafang firmware utility.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Certainly looks like a bike I would like.
One problem is ordering it: Unfortunately, delivery to Great Britain is temporarily unavailable.
(@budsy How many hours a day do you spend searching for different kinds of ebike?)

Point on CAN bus is a good one. Apart from that possible exception it looks to be quality standard parts. Unfortunately bike shops are still cagey about repairs for standard or proprietary ebikes. I'd actually be more concerned about possible combrexities (***) of repair during warranty.
  • Nexus and belt drive look a nice combination.
  • Not sure if those special racks can take standard panniers; baskets are fine for mini-shops but can't hold much.
  • Good that it doesn't have back-brakes like so many Dutch/Danish bikes.
  • 57cm (22") frame is large.
  • Heavy even for such a well equipped bike.
  • Quite small battery for the price, but very reasonable battery upgrade option certainly worthwhile.

(***) Combrexities: complixities arising from Brexit.
Nosey nosey - not any hrs just checking on bikes and im on this forum say 10 mins look around whats ongoing and then leave after a post or two .and hey nout wrong in such auld yin ..dont need to get yer knickers in a twist ...But u want to know so ive much more time to kill with my time as have other hobbys also i like and never get bored

i was out today on my non ebike although first time for a yr and all was fine up down hills inc ..just not in any rush for an e bike now ..as feel i got along on my non ebike better than i thought i would... and this was for my first time out on a bike this year and up hill i managed better than i thought i would .. but i have kept up some form of fitness all during lockdown ..probs fitter now than i was before lockdown ..Its a funny old World :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: artspeck and sjpt

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Nosey nosey - not any hrs just checking on bikes and im on this forum say 10 mins look around whats ongoing and then leave after a post or two .and hey nout wrong in such auld yin ..dont need to get yer knickers in a twist ...But u want to know so ive much more time to kill with my time as have other hobbys also i like and never get bored

i was out today on my non ebike although first time for a yr and all was fine up down hills inc ..just not in any rush for an e bike now ..as feel i got along on my non ebike better than i thought i would... and this was for my first time out on a bike this year and up hill i managed better than i thought i would .. but i have kept up some form of fitness all during lockdown ..probs fitter now than i was before lockdown ..Its a funny old World :)

Reactions: budsy