Yamaha Display

rsyme

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2013
Co.Wexford, Ireland
Anyone know whether the display for the Yamaha centre drive system can be rotated? It looks pretty vulnerable the way it protrudes on the Haibike trekking in photos. - would be great if it could be rotated 90Deg.

Robbie

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Ahem... Yes it can rotate on the bars and also has another level of adjustment to tilt the display back and forth.

I'll take this opportunity to add the display brackets are super strong in design now. Something I picked up on the prototype bikes when I was testing in Germany.

I have the new brackets in stock. For our customers should one ever fail during a crash.

My full review here. Along with photos of the prototype here.. (At bottom of page)

Martin

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Martin

Are you saying it can be rotated around the bars or rotated 90°?
Answering for Martin, yes, the photo below from the group that he linked to shows the new bracket in that position. Anyone with a prior bracket can get that new one since Martin has them in stock:

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Anyone with a prior bracket can get that new one since Martin has them in stock:
Cheers Flecc, yes it can be rotated. Just to confirm the above should say. For everyone who has purchased their bike from Martin, the bike will be supplied with the upgraded bracket already in situ. Its also available for those customers should it need replacing.

It takes me ages to source spares, often they are sucked up by others who can't be bothered to source, then I am left short when one of my customers actually needs one.

More about this here :)

Martin