Yoch 1300W mid-drive conversion kit, MEATY!

Bit of an ugly looking brute if you ask me, and I'm really not sure I like the idea of the axle extending so far beyond the non-drive side bearing. No good whatsoever for UK roads as EAPC obvs!
But 199 Nm will interest some people for private land usage on a farm or suchlike, perhaps.
For details see:
http://www.jhyoch.com/MD-M15-1300W-mid-drive-motor-kits-pd900594.html

Yoch1300W.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Man

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2015
Wow,if it works at 36v and its cheap,i buy one for sure.I think its a good idea to make a mid motor like this but with external controller at low price,its a really nice option to a expenseive bafang bbshd.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
was just looking at that lol how much is it?

Not seen a price for them.
If I were looking in that direction, I'd be tempted to go for the Luna ludicrous 1500W BBSHD kit. I think if you had the land, lived on a farm or whatever, it'd be a hoot to whack a cheap build together with one of the Yoch 1300s though. As usual with Chinese websites the details of spec are pretty flaky, but it could be good for 60V odd? Perhaps go Carrera Subway with V-brakes and see what happens :p ....LOL!

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
If that figure is to be believed. I personally think that amount of torque would destroy the drive-train very quickly.
BBSHD is 160Nm and I notice no difference on my drivetrain compared to the BBS02 which only has 80Nm.
I get almost 1600W with a fully charged battery

BBSHD is 160Nm and I notice no difference on my drivetrain compared to the BBS02 which only has 80Nm.
With careful, well timed shifting and good overall gear practice I'm sure it's possible, but severe potential of damage there with cheap trans.
If that Yoch is continuous 1300W rated, I wonder what it peaks at?o_O

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'm not looking to argue here, but I thought torque was proportional to current, so how have Bafang doubled the torque with only another 5 amps?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I'm not looking to argue here, but I thought torque was proportional to current, so how have Bafang doubled the torque with only another 5 amps?
Gear ratios :D

• Agree
Reactions: Kinninvie

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I haven't looked at the dimensions, but stator width perhaps? Alternatively, winding speed maybe?

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Yes, I understand that internal gear ratios, stator windings and other factors can make a difference to the output torque, but double... Really??

The BBSHD has more torque than my Toyota Aygo. Probably why I have to rev the b****cks out of it to get anywhere lol.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: Kinninvie
D

Deleted member 4366

There's absolutely no point in discussing torque from any motor unless the method of measurement has been included with any statement about its value. You need to know where and how the torque was measured. You can have a bike with a torque of 200Nm which is less powerful than one with 10 Nm.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
There's absolutely no point in discussing torque from any motor unless the method of measurement has been included with any statement about its value. You need to know where and how the torque was measured. You can have a bike with a torque of 200Nm which is less powerful than one with 10 Nm.
I can understand that statement, if the motors in question were from two different manufacturers, but surely Bafang measure their units in a similar fashion.

The BBSHD is after all, just a beefed up BBS02.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If that figure is to be believed. I personally think that amount of torque would destroy the drive-train very quickly.

But there's a way round it. With loads of torque who needs low gears?

Just make it single speed witn trade bike chain, freewheel and adapted chainwheel.

Derailleur chain roller width is 3/32" or less.

Trade bike chain roller width is 5/32" and the rest more robust as well.

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
But there's a way round it. With loads of torque who need low gears?

Just make it single speed witn trade bike chain, freewheel and adapted chainwheel.

Derailleur chain roller width is 3/32" or less.

Trade bike chain roller width is 5/32" and the rest more robust as well.
That would probably suit a BBSHD far better than the BBS02. The BBS02 is liable to suffer heat related damage and nylon gear breakage, if not kept spinning fast.

Be interesting to find out just how much more robust the BBSHD is, compared to the BBS02.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That would probably suit a BBSHD far better than the BBS02. The BBS02 is liable to suffer heat related damage and nylon gear breakage, if not kept spinning fast.

Be interesting to find out just how much more robust the BBSHD is, compared to the BBS02.
I wasn't thinking of BBS though, but of that Yoch motor if it really is so high torque capable.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I wasn't thinking of BBS though, but of that Yoch motor if it really is so high torque capable.
Doubt if anyone here will buy one of those to test any theories. Might catch a snippet over on ES, sometime in the future though :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
40A controller,
crazy.
A customer asked me recently if he can use the S12s controller from bmsbattery with the GSM without internal controller. Same kind of idea.
Put yourselves in my place, would I want to make £35 on a £175 motor when the customer wants to run it with an S12?