Yose kit

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Is that front? it looks like mine, I run it at 48v. I did it 2 years ago and it's still strong, the down side for YOSE is now they don't run KT controllers. Nice to have something shinny and new, looks good.

Reactions: Leeroy

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
Yes it’s the front hub
Just need a new tyre and wheel tape I bought a crank
Puller of Amazon and there’s one in the box
Never mind it’s a spare got a torque arm as well
And a disc rotor as mine is on splines and got hydraulic brake sensors

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Leeroy and PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
crank
Puller
Darn, surprised no one mentioned you get one with the kit, however its not the best single use if it works. That's the beauty of KT I already had a easy fit PAS with a split magnet.

Brake sensors are the best imo, to be fair I've had the same pair since my first ebike, I purchased a spare set 2 years ago when I thought mine had died, turn out to be the 4 to 1 cable at fault :rolleyes:

No wheel tape that's odd, I'd use elecy tape however I've never test that idea.
Best to get a decent tyre, I use slime in an innertube, it should get you home in a pinch. Halfords used to do one made in Sri Lanka however the country has one bust and Halfords discontinued the product.

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
The instructions say use the old wheel tape
Will look in the box
I have ordered a schwalbe black jack as the bike as them already
Neil

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
schwalbe black jack
Defo can't beat matching tyres :D Looks like a good tyre, I use the same brand land cruiser.

Oh yes old tape from the wheel you take off, you would assume a little wheel tape wouldn't add much extra cost to the final product or maybe they are doing their bit for the environment lol.

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
Hi
I am slowly putting the kit on the bike waiting for a tyre to come
Am I thinking correctly if I put all the bits on the bike connect all the cables but leave the front wheel out of the forks and connect the battery will the thumb throttle spin the hub if I hold the wheel
I just want to try everything
Neil

• Disagree
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
but leave the front wheel out
I wouldn't - there will be a lot of torque even on PAS 1 - or worse throttle on your system could go full whack - if you really want to test the motor without tyre, I normal flip the bike upside down, keep the kit, LCD and battery off bike so you can see the LCD, place the motor in the forks and use the nuts to hold it in place I would tighten them but not over tight AND use the anti-rotation washers, test the best fit for your dropouts, anti-rotation washer on the inside of the forks or the outside and make sure everything looks flat mounted to the dropouts. Check the wheel by hand to see if it clears the forks and make sure cables are clear of the spin.

I change my forks from suspension to steel, my old forks fitted anti-rotation washers on the inside but the steel forks they did not feel right on the inside but mounted well on the outside

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Here's a rough example - skip to 8.55
My YOSE

Reactions: Audio2

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
I wouldn't - there will be a lot of torque even on PAS 1 - or worse throttle on your system could go full whack - if you really want to test the motor without tyre, I normal flip the bike upside down, keep the kit, LCD and battery off bike so you can see the LCD, place the motor in the forks and use the nuts to hold it in place I would tighten them but not over tight AND use the anti-rotation washers, test the best fit for your dropouts, anti-rotation washer on the inside of the forks or the outside and make sure everything looks flat mounted to the dropouts. Check the wheel by hand to see if it clears the forks and make sure cables are clear of the spin.

I change my forks from suspension to steel, my old forks fitted anti-rotation washers on the inside but the steel forks they did not feel right on the inside but mounted well on the outside
Thanks for your response will it be ok to put the bike on a bike stand with the wheel in the forks
It’s the same has what you say but the right way up
Neil

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
will it be ok to put the bike on a bike stand
FYI you don't really need to sign each post, just basic etiquette will suffice :cool:

Yes, that would work, just be mindful of cables, forks and brakes jamming the wheel from spinning. There have been many a tales of complete motor write-offs from such things not to mention just tightening one nut or totally forgetting to include anti-rotation washers.

Did you oil your chain
That was my first bike, I never did much at all, now, with a few good YouTube vids, I fit and service my chain, derailleur, freewheel/cassette and brake. I did use the local bike shop(LBS) for the bottom bracket bearings and the front forks replacement, the heavy lifting jobs, I could of done it but sometimes you have to pick your battles. When it comes to gear alignment and derailleur installs/setup I felt the LBS service was a little lacking and I wanted it spot on + the amount of mile you can do on an ebike these service will mount up quickly - Oh top tip always check your nuts:p and your tyre pressures

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Cool - pop some pics up when done

Leeroy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2022
That's the same one I got, it's brilliant for the money! The manual for the LCD kd21c is a pain to find though, lots of manufacturers use the same LCD but with different stock settings and slightly different menus. I'll upload the one that works with your LCD.

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I purchased a rear 350w YOSE and wasn't impressed with the quality, however my 250w front YOSE is premium quality and has done over 10,000 miles. This was my backup motor while I had some spare cash, but now it's me daily driver. Mine however is all KT and running at 48v so I have more choice of user replaceable parts & it goes a little quicker due to the 48v coursing through its veins. Personally I would recommend going KT & 48v. I run a dual voltage controller so if my 48v is dead I can just pop in my 36v and go a steadier pace, of course my batteries are the same style; "dolphin" case.

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
That's the same one I got, it's brilliant for the money! The manual for the LCD kd21c is a pain to find though, lots of manufacturers use the same LCD but with different stock settings and slightly different menus. I'll upload the one that works with your LCD.
Thanks will have a look just need to change to mph
For now
Neil

Reactions: Leeroy

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Hello, have you guys found out that the 250w is enough for you power/speed wise?
Yes, but I can see it won't be for many. (Of course, that's 250w nominal continuous rating; most 250w motors can give 500 to 750w peak)